Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veloce US 10 sp Right Hand shifter.
Was having difficulty in the past week with the chain not dropping (FD not moving inwards). Put it down to needing a new cable.
Put in the new cable and as I was starting to tune it in I had no reaction from the shifter.
Both shifters are moving but no clicking and no movement from the cable.
Any pointers to what part i need to source.
Will also keep an eye on the forums/European ebays for a spare left hand shifter.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I'm wondering if you have the cable correctly installed in the shifters. Are you familiar with this, or is this the first time?

You are saying that neither shifter is pulling cable?

Or are you talking the front shifter (left) only?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Julio,
Sorry when I said both shifters I meant thumb and finger shifter on the left hand only.
There is no cable attached at the mo and there is deffo no clicking.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
These shifters are essentially pretty simple. You can see from the spares image here http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/Spares10-A-010909.pdf.

It might be worth taking the rear assembly apart to have a look. Do it in a tray, as there are some vital little pieces in there.

Campy don't sell little parts like they used too. You would need a complete sub-assembly for about $90 or so, if it's really farked.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
If the screw holding everything together had come loose, you might get the same thing. Since you have got the lever off there's no harm in looking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Put the lever back on and set the fd to the 53.Dont have the time tonite to strip and need to go training tommorrow after work so will prob be Weds before I get to strip.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
The only Campy shifter I buggered up was a front shifter where too much force had been applied to the finger (upshift) lever. The finger lever mechanism is a simple pawl and ratchet and if they become damaged from either much use or excessive force, the pawl won't engage the ratchet, there's no shifting action, and the assembly is toast.

With what I'm seeing for the price of the lever assembly, you might as well buy a new set of Veloce levers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only Campy shifter I buggered up was a front shifter where too much force had been applied to the finger (upshift) lever. The finger lever mechanism is a simple pawl and ratchet and if they become damaged from either much use or excessive force, the pawl won't engage the ratchet, there's no shifting action, and the assembly is toast.

With what I'm seeing for the price of the lever assembly, you might as well buy a new set of Veloce levers.
This maybe the case as the FD got completley jammed up from some rides in very muddy conditions.
Anyway I found the cause....When you move the fiinger shifter you can push it till the teeth are all the way around and 'off' the finger on the lever and no longer engaging.The thumb shifter then couldnt bring the ratchet far enough around to re-engage with the finger shifter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.