4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Harry Dean Stanton.

Yeah, un-famous is a subjective term.

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
Maybe too famous for this thread

Ed Harris. Just doesn't get the recognition he deserves...

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HIMEHEEM said:
This thread will require pickshurs of un-famous actors due to their un-famousness.
Updated.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There are tons of these guys out there who are pretty much excellent most of the time and yet rarely become famous, largely because they don't have the looks. Some become sort of famous, e.g. Paul Giamatti, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macey

·
170 Posts
Dwaynebarry said:
There are tons of these guys out there who are pretty much excellent most of the time and yet rarely become famous, largely because they don't have the looks. Some become sort of famous, e.g. Paul Giamatti, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macey
Good point, but it can't be just about the looks. Was Nicholas Cage ever good looking?

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Dwaynebarry said:
Art Lafleur comes to mind as does, Dan Hedaya and Lane Smith. You might remember them from Field of Dreams, Clueless, and My Cousin Vinny, respectively. Not their best roles but certainly memorable.

Edit to add: Armin Meuller-Stahl (Shine, Eastern Promises) and his doppelganger, Ian Holm.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Sam Rockwell. He gets a lot of work, but he's still not all that well known by name. "Hey, it's that guy again!"

He's at his best, I think, when he's playing a slightly dim, cowardly sort. He's really versatile, though, and can play most anything.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
heidelj said:

Always been fond of Stephen Root
+1

He's a chameleon. I'll be watching some scene, take a closer look and then I'm like .... OMG stapler!

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
PDex said:
Harry Dean Stanton.

Yeah, un-famous is a subjective term.
It's probably too late to put Steve Buscemi on the list.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Sam Rockwell. He gets a lot of work, but he's still not all that well known by name. "Hey, it's that guy again!"

He's at his best, I think, when he's playing a slightly dim, cowardly sort. He's really versatile, though, and can play most anything.

He did a sci-fi movie within the last couple of years where he's the only actor on screen for 90% of it, often playing against himself. Pretty decent movie. Here it is:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Other than appearing to be a rip off in some ways of 2001 A Space Odyssey, it was pretty good.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Irene Ryan. Why granny on the Beverly Hillbillies isn't the most respected acting role of all time is beyond me.

Harry Dean Stanton is great in Repo Man.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts