Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Duke getting hammered....
Then Texas winning on a last second shot (sorry Flynn)......
Now UCLA coming from 17 down to win.

There is no better tournament than the NCAA BB tournament.

Len

·
Registered
530 Posts
A great game, to be sure. UCLA can be proud but should also be thankful... Afflalo fouled out of the game with 7 minutes left when he hit Morrison after the play was dead, if the official had the guts to blow the whistle. Let's hope they left a little luck for the other Pac 10 team to use tomorrow night.

I feel a bit for West Virginia. To have to face a team that is precisely 2 shots better than you are, 2 times in one season. Ouch.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I left the WV game with like 30 seconds left. Thought it was over. Serves me right. That one big guy from Texas (Big 12 defensive player of the year) is a STUD. Texas had too many offensive rebounds.
Didn't see any of the UCLA game.
Caught bits and pieces of the Duke game. DUKE LOST!

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
TX/WV was amazing! With less than 10 tics on the clock, WV ties the game on a 3 pointer. TX inbounds with abt 5 tics, and wins the game on a last second trey at the buzzer!!!

It was a shocker!!!

I love win or go home Bball!

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Duke, having lost, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling all over. As a Carolina alum, I took great pleasure in that game last night.

Of course, my bracket was shot to hell after the first round anyway....

·
i don't know
322 Posts
I hate basketball

I'm very proud of this Mountaineer squad. The seniors gave us 2 great runs in back to back years. Gansey, Pittsnogle, Herber and Collins should all be extremely proud of what they have accomplished. It'll be very interesting to see how Beilein shapes our now very young team.

I'll sit back and wait for WVU football to begin. After winning the Sugar Bowl this past year, and returning both White and Slaton, my hopes are high.

Lets Go Mountaineers!!!!!!!!

·
goodbye fraudriguez
371 Posts
Tough loss..

for WVU. My wife and I woke up the kids yelling after Pitsnogle made that 3, with our cheers, and 5 seconds later with our sobs:( . If we could only box out a little on the defensive boards we would have won that game. It has been a great couple of years for WVU sports with our new coaching teams, let's just hope it continues.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I gave up

After watching my hopes and dreams go down with Nevada's loss to Montana and then Carolina crashing I decided to watch old movies and drink beer. But, the pure fact that so many high seeds were crushed makes it all that much more exciting though. It's nice to see upsets in my opinion.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Len J said:
First Duke getting hammered....
Then Texas winning on a last second shot (sorry Flynn)......
Now UCLA coming from 17 down to win.
I was 0-4 with teams I was rooting for. I've lived in WV and NC so was pulling for Duke and WVU. I currently live in WA so was pulling for Gonzaga. And it's awfully easy to root for Bradley over Memphis.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I didn't really have a horse in that Gonzaga-UCLA race, I was just enjoying the game. But as an armchair analyst I've concluded this morning that the Bulldogs should've had Pargo and Morrison on a mission to get Afflalo's fifth foul. Get him out and they probably win.

On the other hand, Pac 10 in the Elite Eight ain't so bad after the "experts" have trashed the conference all season. Silently crossing my fingers that my alma mater can join them today.

Re: Duke... as a Duke fan, I made sure to be the first responder to Len's e-mail so the "woohoo they lost" would be at least third. All you Duke haters are amusing.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
mountaineer said:
for WVU. My wife and I woke up the kids yelling after Pitsnogle made that 3, with our cheers, and 5 seconds later with our sobs:( . If we could only box out a little on the defensive boards we would have won that game. It has been a great couple of years for WVU sports with our new coaching teams, let's just hope it continues.
Man, I can only imagine if I were a fan of either team. That was one of the best finishes thus far. How did TX take the ball full court with only 5 tics left and hit the three? You couldn't write that into a basketball movie and make it believable. That's such a low percentage play, you probably couldn't do it 20 outa 100 times in practice. Not to mention they did it during March Madness. :eek:

I was shocked at how many offensive boards WVU gave up.

Whata game!!!

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
fastfullback said:
All you Duke haters are amusing.
Funny. I feel the same way about you Dook fans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts