Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not talking about Tyler, I'm talking about twins.

I just got off the phone with my wife. Her sister just went into labor with twins. The inlaws have been trying to have kids for many years, and through the miracle of science were successful at carrying two viable embryos full term. Today, they're coming out.

My wife is heading up to Scaramento, about 150 miles away for the rest of the week and through the weekend. Her mom, our only family closeby, is heading up as well. That leaves me with two teens through the weekend.

My wife didn't tell me I couldn't go to San Diego, but the options are somewhere between slim and none, and slim is leaving town with my mom-in-law tonight.

I was wondering:

A) Could someone here at RBR take my kids for the weekend? The stranger the better, just remeber, we don't want anyone to find out.

B) Can I conclude a quick auction up on eBay listing the kids, and ship em off before Friday?

C) Did that couple that left thier kids at home when they went to Vegas for a long weekend get in a little trouble, or a lot of trouble?

It's not looking good for Cooper in SD. Bummer.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
congrats on the twins--

as far as the kid watching thing--been there...done that. Aren't your kids old enough to be left alone though? I think they only have to be 12 or so to stay at home alone legally--however you may come home to find your house confiscated because your daughter decided to throw California's biggest pot party.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
dammit!

drag em along. send them toSea world or the Zoo, lock em in your room with an X-Box.

Coop I came up with your next move for your daughter (when she steps out of line again)
since she's showing she can't b trusted, take the door off of her room. Tell her she can have it back when she shows trustworthiness.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
If yours could be trusted to watch my three littler ones for a few hours at a time over the weekend, and if you can get them to Arizona....... Let's talk.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
congrats on the twins--

as far as the kid watching thing--been there...done that. Aren't your kids old enough to be left alone though? I think they only have to be 12 or so to stay at home alone legally--however you may come home to find your house confiscated because your daughter decided to throw California's biggest pot party.
Hey, BJ, seems like you and I should have contest to see who can respond to posts faster.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Coop......

thinkcooper said:
That was so last year, and the previous three years before that...
Just bring them...Teens are cool........I enjoy being around them

It sounds like there is gonna be enough going on that they can stay engaged.

Besides......What kid doesn't want to see his Dad do kareoke?

Len

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Did I forget to mention I hate babies? I'm going onto a walkabout for the next five years.
Well, then just start this weekend. Don't you want your kids close though so they can bail you out of Tiajuana jail with J?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Did I forget to mention I hate babies? I'm going onto a walkabout for the next five years.
I've had 2 and I agree--the baby stage wasn't my favorite.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Of the couple who left their kids at home, the dad pleaded no contest to two counts of felony child endangerment and was sentenced to 270 days in jail, and the mom entered the same plea to one misdemeanor count of being accessory to a felony and received a 180-day jail sentence. That sounds harsh, but both applied to serve their time in the sheriff's home detention program.

So, you work at home for 6 months to a year? Doesn't sound too bad to me.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I've had 2 and I agree--the baby stage wasn't my favorite.
My boy is 14 months (also have an older daughter) but I'd have to say that it started getting fun around 9 months.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Len J said:
Just bring them...Teens are cool........I enjoy being around them

It sounds like there is gonna be enough going on that they can stay engaged.

Besides......What kid doesn't want to see his Dad do kareoke?

Len
Len, you're both sweet and psychotic. "Enough going on" is bound to be true. Shots. Depth Charges. And a slow 24mph paceline. Sounds tailor made for teens.

I'll be talking to 'em tonight and see what their reaction is to the idea.

Maybe snap would take 'em out sightseeing. Snap? Snap? Where did you go now?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
No one is doing......

thinkcooper said:
Len, you're both sweet and psychotic. "Enough going on" is bound to be true. Shots. Depth Charges. And a slow 24mph paceline. Sounds tailor made for teens.

I'll be talking to 'em tonight and see what their reaction is to the idea.

Maybe snap would take 'em out sightseeing. Snap? Snap? Where did you go now?
a 24MPH pace line........on the weekend.

And neither Hickey nor I drink so there will be a couple of us sober.

There will be plenty of sightseeing.

Len

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Len J said:
a 24MPH pace line........on the weekend.

And neither Hickey nor I drink so there will be a couple of us sober.

There will be plenty of sightseeing.

Len
If they join up with me, there will be three of us sober. Well, you two, totally sober, and me, kinda sober. I probably wouldn't feed them any tequila either...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
instead of selling them into slavery, couldn't you maybe do a short-term lease?
and be a good dad and let them keep the cash!

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bill said:
instead of selling them into slavery, couldn't you maybe do a short-term lease?
and be a good dad and let them keep the cash!
You're good. It's not an obstacle, it's an opportunity.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts