Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this one up out of the trash. It is a steel frame and I think it might be a Raleigh. Sorry for the bad pictures. There is a serial number on the headtube. I can't really read it all. If you need more information let me know.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,796 Posts
I Doubt it's a Raleigh

The overall construction of the frame makes me thinks it is a lesser brand built in China or Taiwan.

Case in point:

- The rear dropout is inserted into the chain and seat stay and pressed into place (see closeup photo)

- The cable routing is kept in place with metal clamps.

- Seat tube clamp bolt is very cheaply made.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
Mahatma Kane said:
Yes, by pulling it out of the dumpster you have prevented this bike from fulfilling its destiny.
Bwa ha ha ha!!!

To the OP: don't waste another moment trying to identify the bike...just slip it back into the dumpster and be done with it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sure, I'd like more information.....

Captain Carrot said:
I picked this one up out of the trash. It is a steel frame and I think it might be a Raleigh. Sorry for the bad pictures. There is a serial number on the headtube. I can't really read it all. If you need more information let me know.
Where is the bicycle throwing contest being held?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm letting everyone know now.....if someday I'm run down by a car, I want a better bike than this spray painted white and left at the scene as my memorial. No Murrays! No Free Spirits! I don't want anything high end, either. Something that was decent (even a Ross or a World Sport would be ok), but near or at the end of it's useful service life. Maybe something with a cracked frame, but not too obvious. Thanks in advance, and I know that you'll all come through for me.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
the seat post is truly an abomination, and it's the coolest part of the bike.

it's not vintage, either. it's just a tired, old collection of low-end parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts