Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought from Universal Cycles? Any issues? They seem to have some okay prices.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I've purchased a lot of stuff from them. Not always the quickest at shipping (usually next day; but never more than a couple days), but good prices and service. I've never had a problem. They will price match too, instantly.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Dr_John said:
I've purchased a lot of stuff from them. Not always the quickest at shipping (usually next day; but never more than a couple days), but good prices and service. I've never had a problem. They will price match too, instantly.

Spot on analysis. Good prices. Shipping time is HORRIBLE! Even though they have that estimated shipping time thing on their website, never underestimate how slow it takes to get to you place. I think this is more a reflection on the fact that they are on the left coast. And not just the left coast, but way up there in the northwest. So, if you're across the country, especially south you are going to be waiting a long time. Well, at least they don't charge a sales tax! :)

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I'd say besides possibly clothing, their selection is incredible. I like the backorder notifications, for anything I've been curious about they have just about the lowest price, and they have a lot of less available items (single STIs for example). I just placed a moderate sided order last weekend with them and am waiting for its arival. There was some annomaly when I placed the order.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I bought a batch of spokes from them a few months ago- ordered exactly the count I needed and they threw in a couple extras of each length (to make sure they didn`t short me if they counted wrong, I guess). I don`t know if that`s standard procedure for all shops, but I thought it was pretty cool. Don`t remember how long shipping took, so it must not have been unreasonable.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've bought a bunch of stuff from Universal Cycles. As others have said, the shipping time is a little slow, but the selection is great. They have parts for everything -- MTB's, cyclo-cross, roadies, fixies, you name it.

·
back to pedaling
118 Posts
I have ordered several times from UC and have had no issues. It just took a week (which I expected) to get a set of pedals which were sent to MA. They shipped next day as I ordered late the evening prior and am very satisfied. I even ordered multiple items a few years back and they gave me an additional discount since I was an existing customer. Not sure this is normal but made me feel good.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've bought several times and when I've called, for tech questions, I get an answer. The selection is :thumbsup: The price matching is a :thumbsup: I'm happy. My last order was some 42T Shimano chain rings, they will arrive tomorrow. Shipping to me in So. Cal is usually about 4 business days via ground. Online order: 1 day to process from UC and 3 days by UPS.

Last call I made, they told me shipping is processed faster online. If they handwrite the order it is about 1 extra day. YMMV

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.