Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a helmet from Nashbar and it arrived without the padding that attaches to the Velcro buttons on the headband, so when you put it on the sharp velcro hook buttons poked you in the forehead. I followed the directions for returning the helmet and in about 2 weeks I get an email outlining the refund they were going to give me. Their proposal didn't refund the full amount of sales tax that they charged, or the full shipping charge that they charged me or any of the return shipping charges that I had to pay to return it.
I replied to the refund proposal email (as listed below) and they never responded but issued the "Partial Credit" to my credit card.

This refund proposal does not accurately reflect my costs as you can see below, from my original order:

Order Information Items:
QTY Product Name Item# Size Color Price Total
1 Limar 705 Helmet L/XL - GB $31.46 $31.46

Order Totals
Sub Total : $34.95
Promotion: $3.50
New Sub Total: $31.46
Ship Total : $6.75 (Charged $0.08 more than credited amount)
Tax Total : $3.02 (Charged $0.74 more than credited amount)
Return Shipping: $6.66 (No Credit given for return of damaged item)
Grand Total : $47.89 (This is what I Paid)
Credit Proposed: ($40.41) (This is what you propose to refund)

Refund Deficit: $7.48

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Did you call them and ask for an explanation? They might have miscalculated the tax because of your "promotion". Did you ask them to refund your return shipping cost?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup, either call them or write an aggressive email like "Fix this immediately or I will never shop at your store again." I have had lots of this sort of annoyance online. Usually it takes a couple of emails to fix a problem. The sooner you get the message across that you are upset, the sooner the email gets passed to someone higher up in customer service who actually has the authority to fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Did you try just contacting Limar for the pads? I know from personal experience that if you just call Bell with regard to any model Bell or Giro helmet pads, that a nice person will answer the phone and tell you that they'll send some and then in a couple of days they show up in the mailbox.

Just FYI... that's what I'da done instead of going to the hassle of sending a helmet back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts