Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unusual - a 180 half double

Rainbow that is - perfect conditions, sunset, light mist. The inner was horizon to horizon, the outer - about 1/3 in the south.

Couldn't find the pot of gold. :(

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
did you get his lucky charms?

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
so no gold.....what about beets?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i don't think i've ever seen a double rainbow like that. pretty cool.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tomk96 said:
i don't think i've ever seen a double rainbow like that. pretty cool.

I've had full doubles on a couple of occasions. I think it might be due to the local geography, mesa on the west that causes an early sunset, foothills on the east, same elevation as the mesa. We live 300 feet lower than the two.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
30 years ago I was living in denver, I was driving east towards the plains and it was raining over the flatlands and the sun was setting over the mountains and the sun was hitting the rain just right. I saw a series of rainbows, there had to have been a least 3 or 4 pairs, it looked like a rainbow bandshell. There were cars pulled off all over the place with hundreds of people just pointing and staring at it. I so wish I had a camera with me.

tomk9....the second rainbow is a reflection of the first, they are mirror images of each other....it is awesome. I see them pretty regularly around here.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
pretty paisley horsies.....................................

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
firstrax said:
What the heck is in your water supply.

"We as a nation have to ask ourselves.....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON 11111!!!!!!!"

God that pwnd my face thanks for the laughs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts