Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I used to subscribe to Bicycling. Say what you will, at the time (as a newbie) it provided me with some good info. I haven't subscribed to it in over a year, and I get the typical "please resubscribe" which have been filed to the garbage as quick as they come. However, now I'm getting the actual magazine with an invoice saying "thanks for resubscribing, here's your invoice". WTF?!?! I didn't resubscribe, I don't want your magazine!!! I've sent an e-mail to them informing them of this (awaiting a reply), but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Banned
608 Posts
Chris T said:
was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Not quite, but one of the online sites I bought from signed me up to free year long subscriptions to 'Maxim' and 'Stuff'. My girlfriend was not amused.

Another site signed me up for a free subscription to 'Men's Journal', basically a magazine for gay yuppies. I was not amused.

Some other site put me on a list to get free issues of 'Bicycling Magazine;. Luckily it ended after three or four months.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Bicycling automatically renews your subscription. They don't wait for you to ask:

<i>My subscription will automatically renew annually so I can continue to be a better, smarter, stronger rider. If I decide to stop service, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice, send it back, and owe nothing</i>

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I used to subscribe to that magazine years ago. It was actually a good bike magazine 10 or so years ago. I still occasionally get it because I am a member of Team Performance. I recently got their buyer's guide issue which is no more than one huge advertisement. Anyone would be an idiot to actually pay for it.

Generally I open it up, take it into the bathroom and get about one bowel movement's entertainment out of it.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Cannon Ball said:
Unlike Velonews which is good for 10-15 BM's maybe more.
Ain't that the truth. And if I can ever snag an issue of BiciSport, that's good for an entire stomach virus, even though its written in Italian and I don't speak Italian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts