Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal? Whatever happened to the ritual of zipping up your jersey and showing your sponsor logo as you cross the line?

I mean for crying out loud, this dude's on top of a mountain in Switzerland, it can't possibly be that hot. I ride in Texas summer heat and I don't have to unzip all the way.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hear you. I don't know what it is about seeing a guy riding across the line unzipped, it's not unlike going to the beach and seeing the a guy in a Speedo. Some things just hurt your eyes and shouldn't be.

In Kirchen's defense though, Highroad has no main sponsor to display on their jersey and won't until they come up with their new Columbia ones for the TdF. Maybe that was going through his mind?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe the guy was pushing it a bit and not just coasting along? Maybe he got hot? There's somebody like two(?) bike lengths behind him. What about zipping it up and becoming second in the sprint while at it? I'd rather take the win - unzipped.

G

·
schimanski said:
Maybe the guy was pushing it a bit and not just coasting along? Maybe he got hot? There's somebody like two(?) bike lengths behind him. What about zipping it up and becoming second in the sprint while at it? I'd rather take the win - unzipped.
Straight on! Thanks.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Creakyknees said:
What's the deal? Whatever happened to the ritual of zipping up your jersey and showing your sponsor logo as you cross the line?
He's been hitting the gym and wanted to show off, for the ladies. :D

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
schimanski said:
That's Kloeden behind him, who was given the same time. Agreed, there was probably no time to zip up. Glad that doesn't happen after nature breaks!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
pretender said:
The classic move is to look back, and if you see nobody, sit up and zip up.

He saw someone.
Its also the classic move to zip up before the final moves and the sprint to the finish. Good thing that Zabel, Boonen, mcewen, etc... don't (didn't) use your move or the sponsors would be SOL.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have a problem with this guy unzipping. What I do have a problem with is men who are overweigth and have far larger ta tas than I unzipping their jersey enough so not only do I get to see their hairy sweatyness but their ginormous ta tas hanging down. Geez guys, get a bra or zip up! :eek:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
pretender said:
Am always willing to watch cycling youtubes, but not going to go on some wild goose chase.
You have never seen guys zip up their jersey's a few seconds before the jockeying begins at a finish? You have to be kidding?

Really, I am not trying to rub you here... but this happens in almost every mountain finish in the TdF where there are two or more guys near the end. They start zipping up, thats when you know the "real racing" is about to begin.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Kestreljr said:
You have never seen guys zip up their jersey's a few seconds before the jockeying begins at a finish? You have to be kidding?

Really, I am not trying to rub you here... but this happens in almost every mountain finish in the TdF where there are two or more guys near the end. They start zipping up, thats when you know the "real racing" is about to begin.
I told you I'd be more than happy to check out a youtube. If it happens so frequently, it ought to be easy for you to find one, or at least name the tour and stage.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've more often seen a guy solo away from everyone and then zip up right before the line.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Bringing this out of the coulda shoulda woulda realm..

Bear in mind this guy was hammering, breaking up an elite group, trying to move up in the GC, winning a stage, with one of the world's top riders on his wheel.

Just this once can't we cut him a little slack? He'll have new sponsor in two weeks, perhaps we can judge him and team mates then.

JSR

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.