Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Monday I will be a paid teacher with benefits! The school at which I am currently interning asked me to come on board as a full time, provisional teacher. Once I have completed my Master's and taken my certification test I will be paid more and will automatically lose the "provisional" part of my title. I am still on track with the Master's program and this in no way jeopardizes that. Instead of moving on to my second rotation in a middle school I will simply stay where I am. I will continue to take classes 2 nights a week. I have been teaching 5 days a week and writing my own plans for about 6 weeks but now I'll get paid for it.
I miss you guys and spending time in here. Once I get settled in I'll swing though more often.
Oh ,as if that weren't enough yesterday I was sent a letter asking me to speak at my graduate school commencement! Oh if they could only see me now!

(waiting for the other shoe to fall)

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
that is phat news, z

Keep in touch with us RBR peeps and don't forget how much time you've wasted here. Its your heritage, now Z.

At least come back on the holidays and the festivus pageant....

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Excellent. It is great news to hear that your hard work is paying off so quickly.

You will have a captive audience to convert to cycling.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigrider said:
Excellent. It is great news to hear that your hard work is paying off so quickly.

You will have a captive audience to convert to cycling.
Thanks all, and yes bigrider that's the plan ( mooa ah ah ah!) I am going to find some inspirational cycling posters that will pass admin inspection to post in the room.
I'll be in and out as things settle down but not as much as before. Lookout during the summer though, I'll be posting a lot of ride reports since I won't be working:D

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Great News......

Teaching is a special profession........Good on ya.

Congratulations.

Len

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Nice one Zeytin. Takes a special person with heaps of patience to be a teacher. Just remember how you were in HS, and then let them have it :).
Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
727 Posts
a HUGE congratulations to you zeytin! i know the little punks were giving you a hard time, so now that you're the real deal you'll be able to dig your heels in and rock their little worlds. :D i just got my letter of acceptance a couple days ago, so in september i'll be embarking on the same 5-year journey you're just wrapping up. i'll look forward to hearing more about your experiences in teaching (when time allows you to share) and all of us wish you nothing but the best in the years to come. (ya better still post on weekends though!)
-colin

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Terrific news! Break a leg out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts