Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone!

i have been looking for ages now at the Dura Ace 9000 C24 wheelset, and finally have the money to pick a set up (thanks, in part to merlin cycles' latest sale). BUT, i am wondering, since the current version of the DA 9000 C24 debuted in 2013, if the updated Dura Ace wheels will be launching soon... i am guessing it HAS to be in july during the tour, right?

does anyone have any info? i would love that set of wheels, but i am a bit held up by the 'old-fashioned' narrow rim and, as mentioned, the fact that the new version might be hitting soon...

thanks!!

o

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
There are rumors. End of this month type of rumors.

There are new wheels, at least a c50 type of wheel, there's spy shots.

I'd put money down that there are new C24s or something of the like coming very soon along with the rest of the group.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i was hearing to... i best wait, i think. i have a feeling shimano will bring everything bang up to date with their wheelsets.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Keep in mind you will need to bring more money to the table. That's probably why you're seeing a price drop. The new ones will command high prices for many months.
I like the 9000 C24 so much, I bought a spare set when the price was right. Nearly a perfect wheelset.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I picked up a Pair of C24's to add to my DURA ACE build. I think they are now selling new for $750-850. I have been riding them since Feb of this year. Mount a 320 tpi 25c tire and you might think you are riding tubulars (wheelset is 1387 grams!). Dura Ace is the best and one of the most advanced designed cycling components in the world. Just look what the PROS ride! Check out how many teams are riding DURA ACE this year. The 9001 DA is coming this Oct, but with any new DURA ACE I am sure the wheelsets will be pricey when they first come out. You will not find a better wheelset for the $. (NO WAY)

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Pretty sure they were the C40's.

C24 is sticking around

C40 replaces the C35/C50

C60 replaces the C50/C75

And that's it. They didn't look like 60's to me so probably the 40's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.