Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opps, I think I originally posted this question in the wrong forum, I think the component forum is better.

I want to upgrade from the crappy (i think they are tektros) on my new Langster Chicago.

I am thinking about a pair of these 2008 Shimano Ultegra SL BR-6600-G
About $105 for the pair.

But will they fit correctly?

I know some bikes require different reach, but i don't know how to check.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Those Ultegras should fit and work just fine on your Langster but I agree with the other guy about new pads. You will probably get some much better performance from Koolstop or Swissstop pads at a much cheaper price than new calipers.

If it were me I would get the brakes because I really like the dark metallic grey color of the Ultegra brakes... but pads will be cheaper and probably just as effective as new calipers

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I guess it is a vanity thing.

i was running through the debate in my head, Tektros work (i.e. I stop), but the Ultegras look really nice and have the allen key centering adjuster.

Both are black though. of course pads will be cheaper, but sometimes it's nice to have some nice parts on the bike.
$100 in Tokyo isn't really a lot, I spend more than that on a night out!

Thanks for the advice, it's nice to know the Ultegras will fit, I will go and decide what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.