Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run Campy Record RD 10 speed and need new pulleys. What pulleys should I get?

- FSA
- Wheels Manufactring
- Tacx
- KCNC
- Factory Campy

??? I would like ceramic, but I also understand that sometimes the factory stuff equals 98% of the performance with less headache.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
alien too said:

- FSA
- Wheels Manufactring
- Tacx
- KCNC
- Factory Campy

??? I would like ceramic, but I also understand that usually the factory stuff equals 99.99% of the performance with less headache.
fixed it for you

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Ceramic pulley bearings are a HUGE waste of money. They only spin at about 450 rpm max and the only load on them is from the tension spring on the derailleur. Perhaps the only bigger waste would be a ceramic headset.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
ceramic pulleys are a waste unless you have a mechaninc to work on your bike full time and/or have big bucks to drop on truly ceramic-on-ceramic bearing/races. the ceramic on metal races will only pit.

pulleys: ok place
bottom bracket: ok place, unless you're a masher
hubs: no bueno- see above on needing a team mechanic
headset: now that's funny.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,419 Posts
You've worn out pulleys??

Do you ride 30,000 miles a year??

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
alien too said:

- FSA
- Wheels Manufactring
- Tacx
- KCNC
- Factory Campy

??? I would like ceramic, but I also understand that sometimes the factory stuff equals 98% of the performance with less headache.
Campy. ALL of the performance. All the rest will compromise shifting performance, most will be more noisy, and none will be more efficient in a way that is measurable.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
I switched out my pulleys for the ceramic ones. I don't remember the brand. But the only reason I bought then was because they are anodized red to match the anodized red Chris King hubs I am also using.

I can't tell a difference between them and the stock pulleys from the Force rear derailleur.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,439 Posts
kbiker3111 said:
Care to explain?
the ceramic balls are much harder than the steel races...hard balls pit softer races.

and...ceramic pulley bearings have to about the single biggest waste of money in the cycling industry. seriously...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts