Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to spend up to $1000.00 on a new wheelset in the sub 1500g range. (Don't yawn) Have a couple in mind;
DT Swiss Mon Chasseral or American Classic 350 Sprint.
I weigh 160 pounds and ride 100-150 miles a week. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have any experience with the DTs, though I know I do like their hubs. The American Classic 350s are a great bang for the buck wheelset. What about the American Classic 420s? With bladed spokes they are really stiff and they give you a little more of an aero advantage.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Shimano tubeless?

Why not? With that kind of budget and those goals, why not go tubeless. The guys at the other RBR (roadbikerider.com) like 'em a lot.

You get to save a few grams from not needing tubes and get a really nice riding tire & wheel.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
carboneater said:
Looking to spend up to $1000.00 on a new wheelset in the sub 1500g range.
Might as well get wheels that are pretty aero as well as light... that weigh less than 1400g. Customs with Tune hubs, Nio30 rims, CX-Rays would be well under $1000. Or use White Industries hubs and save a lot of money and still be under 1500g.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You get to save a few grams from not needing tubes and get a really nice riding tire & wheel.
Actually, you won't, since the Hutchinson Fusion2 tubeless weighs about 290 g, and a Michelin Pro3 and tube of your choice will easily beat that. I have, use, and like a lot the WH-7850 SL's, but not because of any weight advantage. And for what it's worth, they came in at 1536 g in tubeless config.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.