Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another newbie question. I have a scattante CFR and want to know what kind of upgrade equals the most significant improvement in performance? I just got Mavic Kysium Elite wheels (replaced the stock Shimano R650). Haven't rode on it yet, will test it out this weekend. :)

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Marcus75 said:
This is another newbie question. I have a scattante CFR and want to know what kind of upgrade equals the most significant improvement in performance? I just got Mavic Kysium Elite wheels (replaced the stock Shimano R650). Haven't rode on it yet, will test it out this weekend. :)
Get a pair of 'Lance' legs and some 'Tyler' fortitude.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
yes and no..

Wheels are the first to start for an upgrade, but it depends on what you are upgrading for starters. You will notice an improvement in the ride, thus it might push up your ride distance and it will improve your riding in the long run.

I think this question to myself once and awhile. I have a going on 5 year Klein I use for a second bike and I'd like to upgrade it with Campy Record or Chorus, nicer wheelset etc. But the upgrade would be twice as much as the frame is worth, so what's the sense? I might as well go out and buy a brand new bike.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's the only way you learn. The best way is by reading. Get your hands on some good cycling books and read them front to back. A couple I would recommend are -Zinn And The Art Of Road Bike Maintanence, Training For Cycling by Daivis Phinney and Connie Carpenter, and Bicycling Medicine by Arnie Baker. There are tons of other books you can read also I'm sure...

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
1,031 Posts
Right,not much difference between the shimano's and the mavic's. You already did the right thing dumping the shimano's and getting the elites,very good wheelset. Thats a nice bike and its set up pretty nice already so work on the engin.BTW,how do you like the bike and did you test any other carbons?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts