Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in upgrading from Bontrager Race Lights (approx 1700g) to lighter set of clinchers. I weigh about 170-175lbs. Looking to drop some weight but still be laterally stiff-no brake rub.
Thinking of Race X Lites or DT Swiss 240+RR1.1 maybe but have read here that RR 1.1 rims make hard to mount tires..
Any other recommendations (no carbon please)
Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got some DT 240s / Velocity Aerohead rims / DT revolution spokes built up. These came in at 1480 grams without skewers. This is true weight On 2 different scales. 28 fr / 32 r. I weigh 180+. Was told these would be stiff enough. I have tried to get brake rub by standing and cranking and am pleased to say no rub. Costs/weighs. less than the Race x lites and easier to repair if need be. I was also looking at boutique wheels but went custom handbuilt through LBS for reliability and ease of repair if needed. So far about 100 miles on them and pleased with my decision

·
Registered
376 Posts
I also went the DT240s / Velocity Aerohead route

But went 32 front and rear with a little heavier spoke. Still came in right at 1600g and are amazing wheels. Had mine built by Mike Garcia. Love these more on every ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts