Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about upgrading my components on my bike. Most of the reviews I've read about my bike love the frame but say the components are cheap. What should I upgrade first? (please don't say the bike)

thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mike, If you wanted to upgrade to a higher-end component bike you will end up spending more money then if you were to buy a new bike.

While the components are "cheap" they will get the job done just fine the Trek 1200 is a tiagra/105 for shimano that falls into the low-medium end thing you have to remember is the main difference between the high and low end components are weight, perhaps a bit smoother shifting but unless its throwing your chain off every other shift don't worry about it and if it is its an adjustment problem not the component itself Only thing I'd upgrade would be the no-name brakes and get better tires if your still using Bontrager Select tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.