Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding look 396's right now but have some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. Not enough for the Mavic Ksyerium ES' that I want so I'm looking at pedals.

Everyone is riding shimano 7800 pedals but who out there went with look keo's... and why (other than the grams)?

In my shoes, what would you buy?

JM

· Registered
635 Posts
i have the keo sprints. i bought them on the advice of teammates, i dont regret it one bit

and they come in red, 'nough said.

in your shoes id buy keo sprints or carbon cr-mo, unless u are a total weight weenie, the whatever gram differnce it is (minimal) wont really matter. save some money towrads es's....

· Registered
1,149 Posts
I have had several different Look pedals. I have the Keo Carbon's on my dry bike and really like them. Easy to get into even though they're single sided. No squeak unlike the other Looks. I'm using Red cleats still but would seriously consider the gray at the minimum for less float.

· Looking for my Amish Love
948 Posts
I came off of Speedplay X-2 to Look Keo Carbon Cro-mo and I like them so much better than all the free float the speedplays had. I only really need the gray cleat (4.5 float). I also do not get the hot spots I would from the speedplays on the steep climbs out of the saddle. I'm a happy convert. Got mine for $117 shipped in one week from probikekit.com.

· n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
I'd throw the Time RXS in the mix. Love their cleats with the rubber pontoons. Makes for pretty secure walking and the cleats are protected when walking. Top notch in all other respects and very competetive with those you've mentioned.

· pinoy thunder
342 Posts
Consider the Time RXE pedals. Basically the same as the "carbon" models except that these do not have the tension adjustment screw, I believe. According to weightweenies, the RXE is lighter than the RXS.

For around $50 a pop, you can't go wrong. The cleats are normally $40 in stores ($20 through www.probikekit.com) so you get the pedals for 10 bucks, Oy!

· Registered
8,000 Posts
How much flex in the keo Ti spindles?

I have been using crank brothers ti spindles on the MTB for years with no flex issues and I put 300 miles on some Ti Speedplay pedals and again no issues at @1 62lbs.

Are the LOOK spindles softer than other ti spindles? I am pulling the trigger on some new Keo pedals so I would like some info before I go ti.

· Registered
89 Posts
I have felt both pedals for myself and to be honest, there is not much difference in between them. I would say if you have shimano shoes then get shimano pedals using spd-sl cleats, but if you have sidi ergo 1 shoes like me, then get look keo sprints (carbon, or titanium whatever tickles you!). I went for CrMo carbon looks in the end, no point in spending twice as much for 10 gram of whatever weight saving - get titanium spokes instead for your wheels!

· Registered
571 Posts
I went from the Ultegra SPD SL pedals to the 7800 pedals and have not had a problem with either. I also was looking at the Keo pedals but was a bit gunshy about an unkwown product, so I stayed with the Shimano product.

cheers

Ralph

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Just my opinion after being on some keo Classics for some time now.
I used the SPD-SL for 2 yrs since they hit the market (Ultegra latley and DA before that.) and so fat the Kéo is the BEST pedal I have used. I no prefer them over my Speedplay Zero pedals. Maybe it's becuase I am using the 9º float which is more than the Shimano SPD-SL. The SPD-SL always gave me knee issues even with proper set-up and lemond Wedges.

I use them indoors on a Spinning bike and I also hated that the finished just go wasted because of sweat.

The Kéo are easier to clip in and out comapred to the SPD-SL for me also.

if you wnat me old pair to test out before buying new ones, PM r e-mail me before I dump them on ebay, cleats included.

· Registered
16 Posts
Crank brothers Quattro Pedals

I just got a pair of Crank Brothers Quattro Pedals with my new
Cannondale Six 13 Pro 2. They are great. Very well designed and solid as the horseshoe shaped cleat protector actually sits on the rail of the pedal making them very solid. They are very easy to clip out of as mine are set for 15 degrees. It does take a little practice to get used to clipping into them so be patient. I practiced at least 20 times on each foot in my house before venturing out. It gives you more confidence being able to clip out in the safety of your living room! Every pedal system is slightly different so it is worth taking about 30 minutes to practice with them. The same can be said for any pedal system. I LOVE CRANK BROTHERS QUATTRO SL's!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.