Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Mine is Bianchi C2C Infinito 2010. I am thinking of upgrading the wheelsets. Today, I came across a Shimano WH-RS81 C24 Cabon Laminate wheels.
https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-wh-rs81-c24-carbon-laminate-clincher-road-wheels-62700.html?utm_campaign=googlebase-US&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=Bikes+%26+Frames&ucpo=19794&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8u23BRCg6YnzmJmPqYgBEiQALf_XzUQg2VC37Z_uuX9xViWrl3LeI4r42cVugxMRLCRiTo8aAv7A8P8HAQ

Weighs 1537 grams for both wheels without skewers.
Would it be a good match and upgrade to my Bianchi compared to the stock wheelsets?
I am a casual rider, averaging about 20 mph for 20~30 mile ride on flat road.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
It would be good if you told us what your stock wheel set is. The Infinito came in quite a number of different builds.

The RS81 C24 is a very good wheel set which sits between Ultegra and Dura-Ace in Shimano's hierarchy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be good if you told us what your stock wheel set is. The Infinito came in quite a number of different builds.

The RS81 C24 is a very good wheel set which sits between Ultegra and Dura-Ace in Shimano's hierarchy.
The current wheels are Fulcrum Racing 7.
Thanks.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
The RS81 is a definite upgrade, but don't go larger with tyres than 25 mm, as there is no room on the 1st generation Infinito for wider.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hmmm...thought my Intenso was the old Infinito frame. As I look at it, sure looks like you could go above 25mm tires.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
It's not. No 1st gen Infinito bits on the Intenso.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.