Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Granted I have been away in the sun for a couple of weeks, but this killed me.

The snow is pretty much all off the ground, and the sun is shining bright.

I went to the grocery store this afternoon. It is about 6* C, and SUNNY.

The front doors at the grocery store are wide open, the most common items of clothing in site are T-shirts and shorts and flip flops are everywhere.

Show us the sun and we go crazy.

·
POGUE MAHONE
1,063 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Granted I have been away in the sun for a couple of weeks, but this killed me.

The snow is pretty much all off the ground, and the sun is shining bright.

I went to the grocery store this afternoon. It is about 6* C, and SUNNY.

The front doors at the grocery store are wide open, the most common items of clothing in site are T-shirts and shorts and flip flops are everywhere.

Show us the sun and we go crazy.
well when you only have two seasons...winter and bad sledding month, what do you expect?

If it ever hit's six degrees around here ( maybe in July) I'm sure people will be running around naked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Export A said:
well when you only have two seasons...winter and bad sledding month, what do you expect?

If it ever hit's six degrees around here ( maybe in July) I'm sure people will be running around naked.
Good Gawd!

It better not happen next week then, I'm going to be in town Tues thru Thur; there's a lot of people in town I do NOT want to see nekkid.

On the other hand, Lunches will likely be at Earl's or one of the other joints on 8th ......... Hmm.........???

Maybe it should warm up a bit... :p

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The cold has permanently numbed your senses.

Time to retire TMB, let the kids fend for themselves, or sell them to the gypsies!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zmudshark said:
The cold has permanently numbed your senses.

Time to retire TMB, let the kids fend for themselves, or sell them to the gypsies!
I went riding today.

Took longer to get ready than it did in FH.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It was 10 degrees today (in universal temperature) in Victoria. I thought I had died and gone to heaven...three hour ride through Central Saanich using fingerless gloves, and working around the yard in my shorts and T-shirt this afternoon.

You're right....it doesn't take much to make us happy.

·
POGUE MAHONE
1,063 Posts
I'll be happy when I can finally see the grass appear from under my own private glacier.

This has been the longest , coldest. deepest winter in decades.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
At least you have something there.

I got crazy heat, crazy rain or well, that's it. All year round.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
we do the opposite in fla....the temp will hit freezing and people go around in shorts, sandals, and a light sweater..

"it's FLORIDA, dammit!!! i don't NEED a coat" :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts