Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
poale?

hurry it up already.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
Be honest, who's a last-minute filer? :)

You forgot an option: AUTOMATIC EXTENSION. If you file Form 4868 by today, you get an extra SIX MONTHS. Now, ask me on October 15 if I am a late-filer. :p

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Miss M works for the legistative branch so we never bother filling out forms and paying taxes..... :rolleyes:

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
Be honest, who's a last-minute filer? :)
Mine are done, but I can't file until after 12-31-2009 in order to take advantage of some obscure tax regulation that has to do with my international assignment.

The bad news is, this was going to be another windfall year for me as our dear departed President had extended the AMT give-back to 50% of what the government has been "holding" for me. Last year I had a 5 figure refund, I was expecting the same. Now I have to sit and wait. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
I finished mine on Sunday......I did the first go around about 3 weeks ago and was going to have to pay $1800......I ended getting it down to paying only $200( all legal of course:D )

What killed me is my oldest son moved out so I didn't get to deduct his exemption or college

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Done and spent.....keep the economy rolling.
I owed. Mine have been done for a long time, but why send them money early? I mailed it off yesterday.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I finished mine on Sunday......I did the first go around about 3 weeks ago and was going to have to pay $1800......I ended getting it down to paying only $200( all legal of course:D )

what killed me is my son moved out so I didn't get to deduct his exemption or college
You suck...I had to pay nearly $400, but $270 of that was state tax and you Texans don't have that.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MB1 said:
Miss M works for the legistative branch so we never bother filling out forms and paying taxes..... :rolleyes:
Is she Leona Helmsley?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
MB1 said:
since she'll be retiring, can she have me appointed to her job?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i think the wife submitted them on sunday. we get a small federal refund and pay a little for the state. most her income isn't taxed, so my refund goes to her taxes. at least that's how i like to phrase it.

when she first started entering info into turbo tax, it said we owed 5k. i almost fell over. have no idea what she had entered and didn't enter, but i wish she would have just kept quiet until all the main stuff was entered.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Filed a couple weeks ago. that IRS sure is efficient when it comes to taking the money form your account. Was gone, as promised this morning.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Submitted when I got my forms in late Jan. Got a hefty refund, saved some, spent some.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Jeebus I was planning on putting them in the mail last night... totally spaced. It's a good thing I saw this. If I get 'em to the post office by 5, they get postmarked as today, right??? (Srsly asking)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts