Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use a SRAM PG-1070 Cassette on a bike of mine that has all Shimano Ultegra components? I am asking because I already have this cassette and was about to buy another Ultegra cassette, but if I don't have to then that would be great. Will I have to adjust my rear derailure if I do this?

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Which cassette do you have?

Sram makes cassettes with 30+ big cogs that won't work with a normal short cage Ultegra RD; it is rated for 28 max.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
Can I use a SRAM PG-1070 Cassette on a bike of mine that has all Shimano Ultegra components? I am asking because I already have this cassette and was about to buy another Ultegra cassette, but if I don't have to then that would be great. Will I have to adjust my rear derailure if I do this?
I have SRAM PG-1070 and 1050 on my SHimano drivetrains on the road & CX bikes

I have a Shimano cassette on my SRAM drivetrain on the mtb.

Do you have to adjust your rear derailleur? Depends, are you changing the big cog size and/or small cog?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sizes are the same. My second bike is at my in-laws place in California (I'm in Texas) and I have a new wheelset for that bike. I want to get the new wheelset up and running so I can just "plug and play" the new wheelset onto that bike without having to adjust anything. I don't know of it matters but the wheelset that is currently on that bike is Roval's SL45 and I am replacing them with Zipp 404s.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
The sizes are the same. My second bike is at my in-laws place in California (I'm in Texas) and I have a new wheelset for that bike. I want to get the new wheelset up and running so I can just "plug and play" the new wheelset onto that bike without having to adjust anything. I don't know of it matters but the wheelset that is currently on that bike is Roval's SL45 and I am replacing them with Zipp 404s.
Unless the wheelsets are dished the same (which is highly unlikely), you'll have to make a slight adjustment to cable tension after the cassette/ wheel swap.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Which cassette do you have?

Sram makes cassettes with 30+ big cogs that won't work with a normal short cage Ultegra RD; it is rated for 28 max.
Hi again Merc
Yeah, except for what I wrote above, Sram is 100% compatible. Some prefer them to Shimano.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.