Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where i can buy a USE Alien cylops head/clamp assembly only? Most of the web-stores only sell the complete set (postand clamp). Thanks for all your input

TheCapMan

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
You can get them direct from USE as well. I got a 8mm rail replacement head directly from them (or their US distributor listed on the USE website).

Of course, after I got it the bike it was going on got cancelled. Grrrrrr!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does it work well?
Well, it doesn't strip out bolts like the little ones did.

Can you make little adjustments to the seat's position easily with this or is it still a chore?
Still very difficult.

If it helps any, my Alien Cyclops has been sitting in my closet for a little under a year. There are too many alternatives that work better and are very close in weight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have no idea why that last post, or this post, is out of order.

I forgot to mention. That is 300g for the combo. 155 for the SLR (advertised at 135) and 155 for the post (advertised at 158g).

The Alien Cyclops was 140g. I'll just have to deal with the 15g gain somehow.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
going Thomson.....

Alright, enough is enough. I just ordered a Masterpiece. Anyone interested in a used USE Alien seatpost?

Xyzzy said:
Well, it doesn't strip out bolts like the little ones did.

Still very difficult.

If it helps any, my Alien Cyclops has been sitting in my closet for a little under a year. There are too many alternatives that work better and are very close in weight.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GaryJaz said:
Alright, enough is enough. I just ordered a Masterpiece. Anyone interested in a used USE Alien seatpost?
Masterpiece are IT. You won't ever buy anything else. I've never ridden the USE post, but I've never seen anything that is up to par with the Thomson post.

My setback weighed 156g, for what it's worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts