Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can purchase a 2011 carbon supersix 5 used for 1500. I have recently been looking at the caad 10 for some time now and was going to go that route. It sounds dumb but part of the reason I haven't bought the caad 10 is that I don't really like any of the finishes all that much. Once I buy it it might end up being a little more with taxes and all. Is the supersix a good enough value at $1500 to not get a new caad 10? I don't race but I do ride quite a bit and want to get a good bike. The supersix looks to be in great condition.

What's the forum's advice?

·
RoadBikeReview Member
342 Posts
There was a dealer selling off his 12 leftover six 5's for 1600.
He must be close to selling them out because he just upped the price
to 1700.
He has one synapse 58 105 for 1000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iowa. only have one dealer that is local and one more an hour away. Neither have any leftovers in my size (54) I've seen some ads with the closeout prices which is why I am wondering if 1500 is a good price for a used 2011 supersix. I am wondering if I should just spend the extra money and buy new. Then I can have the shop in case any problems arise.

I have also been looking at caad 10 and supersix frames on ebay then I can just build it up with the components I want. My current bike has shimano 105 components but I want to try SRAM not a necessity but if it is a possibility I would like to give them a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.