Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of good used parts/bike sources in the mid-Willamette Valley?

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
I don't know about Eugene but I've lived in Corvallis and Salem and can say the pickings are slim in either of those. You might be better off taking a trip to Portland and visiting City Bikes Coop. I'm not even sure if Albany has a bike shop anymore... I know there used to be one downtown near the HWY 20 bridge but it moved or closed.

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Albany has a Bike-n-Hike; it's been there for a while, over by the post office. It's a small shop but nice and the staff is great. They helped me out quite a bit during a recent SS conversion of an old garage sale Univega. No used stuff at Bike-n-Hike though.

There is also a Schwinn shop near the bridges - probably the one you're thinking of - but they only seem to stock kids bikes, cruisers, and low-end MTBs so I haven't been in there for a while.

Thanks for the tip on City Bikes Coop. I will check it out on my next semi-annual trip to the big city :cool:

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Duh, didn't even think about the Bike N' Hike... I don't get through Albany too much.

Anyhoo, City Bikes has tons o' parts, you can usually find what you are looking for. I'm sure there is something similar in Eugene but I don't know that area very well either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts