Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning to all: I ordered a pair of Elite bottle cages from eBikeStop.com... one arrived cracked. When I spoke to their customer service (Justin), he told me he personally packed it himself and it was damaged in shipping.

Box arrived perfect condition, sent via USPS flat rate box, with no insurance. He said the damage is the responsibility of the shipper, and takes zero responsibility for the damaged goods.

The Elite Custom model cage was cracked beneath the rubber connector, which was not visible, but as soon as I put a bottle in it to check the fit, I saw it was cracked.

Fortunately I paid using paypal, and started a dispute.

I am hoping this make its way into the search engines.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Fraud would be if you never received anything, and were charged for the purchase--- or if the store did not exist. This is just bad service.

Good luck sorting it out.

·
Cat 6 rider
3,090 Posts
filtersweep said:
Fraud would be if you never received anything, and were charged for the purchase--- or if the store did not exist. This is just bad service.

Good luck sorting it out.
Selling someone damaged goods is fraud.

Even if everything the seller says is true, there's no way the shipper is responsible. The shipper is only responsible (if insurance is purchased) and if the outside package is damaged and that damage damaged the contents. Otherwise the damage is the fault of whomever packaged the product.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Original post:

The Elite Custom model cage was cracked beneath the rubber connector, which was not visible
California L33 said:
Selling someone damaged goods is fraud.
I guess Microsoft, Dell, Apple, etc. are are fraudulent companies. ;)

The issue here is how this is being resolved (or not). Deliberately selling damaged goods is not particularly good for repeat business--- and if they go to that much trouble to commit "fraud", their margins would be much higher shipping nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts