Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using a Giant CRX, as a beginner cross bike. I have the parts to go a 1x9 so this should be ok for my 1st crack at cross at the end of May.

Down here is Australia we have just finished summer so time to start working.

So what does everyone think?

All i have to do is find a tyre to fit in the back any ideas to hekp this noob out?

Going pto run a tiagra sti for the back, with a similar rear mech or an xt. I have a 11-25 or 11-34 cass with a sora crank (2 piece), MRP 1x chain guide. With a 36 chain ring up front

So i think this might be ideal for what i want for now, then it will be a nice commuter, or as a climbing training bike to egg beater up the hills.

So would love to hear feedback and anyones suggestions. I will post some pics son.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Seems like it would be fine, less than optimal in some ways but it would allow you to race and see if the sport suits you. I wouldn't go out and actively solicit one to race on, but if you already own it, those michelon muds would be a good option for you. I'd avoid commuting on the muds if you plan to race on the bike, they wear fast on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.