Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I came home from work, checked my mail as usual, and while stepping into my house I tripped over an invisible object and landed on my face.

"What the *%#@ was that?" I yelled, getting back up to my feet as I spun around to view the culprit.

Turns out, it was nothing more than a box left by the US Postal Service! The postman had so cleverly hidden my delivered package that I hadn't even noticed it. Simply amazing - look at the picture*. Can you find it? It's like a "Where's Waldo?" but completely impossible.

After uncovering it from its hiding place, I brough it in and placde it on the floor, then inspected it for any damage which may have occured during its trip. Of course, it's in perfect shape...must have been the FRAGILE tape all around it. I'm glad someone really cares about my package enough to give it the white glove treatment.

So I opened it up and was able to fully enjoy my Stone Ruination IPA jersey and glass mug, happy that the Postal Service had gone to such great lengths to ensure that, not only was the package in perfect shape, it was completely invisible to any thefters.

Thank you all and goodnight,
Brian

*Photo is a recreating of the original scene. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
looks like one of those "don't try this at home kiddies" things.

BTW you are not allowed to drink the ale until that jersey has 500 miles on it.
Ahh, another mashed package! Better than no package all all eh? ;) :D :p

·
Registered
212 Posts
dude I will totally trade you

GirchyGirchy said:
So I opened it up and was able to fully enjoy my Stone Ruination IPA jersey and glass mug, happy that the Postal Service had gone to such great lengths to ensure that, not only was the package in perfect shape, it was completely invisible to any thefters.
your violated package for the zoo in my attic. damn, dude I seriously need a beer. you planning on sharing?

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weapons grade chaos said:
your violated package for the zoo in my attic. damn, dude I seriously need a beer. you planning on sharing?
Sure, as long as we can feed some to the squirrels. Now THAT would be a riot.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Hiding it under the doormat would have totally worked if the mat were the same color as the carpet. Nobody would have known. It would be as if it were invisible!

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
I'm nervous now. I have an ebay frame on the way via USPS....that I was told would go via UPS. :(

I thought it would be here by today. Maybe I should go look through the bushes.....

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Is that the wholesale lot of ebola viral samples in glass tubes you ordered off eBay?

Bummer....

Want some Cipro?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
ChuckUni said:
I'm nervous now. I have an ebay frame on the way via USPS....that I was told would go via UPS. :(

I thought it would be here by today. Maybe I should go look through the bushes.....
It's probably cleverly disguised as a shrubbery.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thinkcooper said:
Is that the wholesale lot of ebola viral samples in glass tubes you ordered off eBay?

Bummer....

Want some Cipro?
Nah, I decided to go with some smallpox samples from Russia instead. Want some?

·
Registered
212 Posts
thanks dude, I'm kinda rioted out for the mo

GirchyGirchy said:
Sure, as long as we can feed some to the squirrels. Now THAT would be a riot.
but just for the record the fact that you'd share your beer indicates you totally rock. dude, you wanna share it with the squirrels, you go right ahead and brave that attic with the centipedes and all that rodent scum. my old jeans are prolly still in the dumpster for you to borrow cuz they don't pick up til Monday.

-- chaos

p.s. sorry you tripped over your beer bro. is that how your package got mashed?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Doormat?!?!?

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
weapons grade chaos said:
p.s. sorry you tripped over your beer bro. is that how your package got mashed?
Oh, that was me being sarcastic...I didn't trip over it at all. I was just trying to joke about their job of 'hiding' the package under the mat. It was hidden that way, though, and it was beat up when I got it.

I'll pass on the attic deal, centipedes freak me the **** out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
Oh, that was me being sarcastic...
lol yea I honestly kinda figured, but being able to write a sentence that included references to tripping over beer and mashed packages struck me as funny as hell. yes, you're right, I'm a total muppet plus i think Harry & Kumar Go To White Castle is the pinnacle of cinematic comedy too.

GirchyGirchy said:
I'll pass on the attic deal, centipedes freak me the **** out.
yikes dude I honestly never gave 'em a second thought but after yesterday's mad centipede pwnage freakshow I'm totally with you on that. seriously man I about had a seizure and died. if I had my hrm on I coulda found a new max hr!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts