Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was anxiously awaiting my package from Performance. After what I considered a reasonable time, I called them. They said that the Post Office classified my package as undeliverable because there was no apt number on the package. It is now on its way back to Performance. admittedly I should have included my apt number, but how much trouble would it have been for them to look up my apartment? There is a list of names and apartments in the lobby. Now I must wait for Performance to receive the package, and send it out again.

·
Registered
889 Posts
They dont go through the mail until they are on their route, unless you have lived somewhere for several years on their route, they have no clue. They have no way of looking it up. Ya shoulda used Fedex and it would be there.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I think it depends on the individual carrier and maybe the local post office. I regularly mail home to the parents of students. I've gotton a couple of letters returned with a note telling me the address was supposed to be 33800...not 3380. Well, if they already knew this, why in hell didn't they just deliver it?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The regular carrier will route them appropriately. Senders have frequently mis-spelled or transposed a number and unless it is the zip error, I usually get it with the correction noted on front. It does happen.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Dude, that was Performance fault, not USPS. Wait a minute... You admit that you didn't include your own apartment number on the order. How hard is it to write down a couple extra digits so that the shipper or shipping company know exactly where to deliver it? This is all on you. Your fault only. Quit making excuses. You screwed up, no one else.

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
Your in the wrong here......you forgot your apt number and its USPS's fault?? I'm in the service field, its amazing how people act towards people giving them service. I had a cust last week. Old woman, tried to find her home for a service call. It was dark out, hardly any of the homes on the street had their lights on. I called her to have her put an outside light on so I can find her. She didn't answer the phone. So I left a message to reschedule. She called to complain the next morning, but admitted she heard me leave a message, but didn't pick up.
Bryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.