Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually leave for work at about 5:45 a.m. This morning I left at 7:30 a.m. and wow, what a difference in traffic. Way more motorists to deal with than usual. Nearing downtown LA someone just blasts one of those American made car horns right on my ass for a good 3 or 4 seconds. As I stop for a red, the car pulls up next to me to turn right. Tiny little old Latina lady who can barely see over the dash gives me a glare.

I ask, "Por que me pita? (Why ya honkin' at me?)"
She replies, "Usted no sabe andar en bicicleta!!! (You don't know how to ride a bike) Debe estar en la banqueta (You should be on the sidewalk)"

Too funny to waste the energy getting pissed so I just gave her a smile and took off.

You all get any stupid/funny/nice comments on your commutes today?

Happy Friday!

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
There were a couple of falling down drunks in front of Lincoln as I was going to work. Could they have been Congress people?

I think they were going home.

· Registered
789 Posts
Cinco de Mayo!

Amigo, enjoy the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
northcoast said:
I usually leave for work at about 5:45 a.m. This morning I left at 7:30 a.m. and wow, what a difference in traffic. Way more motorists to deal with than usual. Nearing downtown LA someone just blasts one of those American made car horns right on my ass for a good 3 or 4 seconds. As I stop for a red, the car pulls up next to me to turn right. Tiny little old Latina lady who can barely see over the dash gives me a glare.

I ask, "Por que me pita? (Why ya honkin' at me?)"
She replies, "Usted no sabe andar en bicicleta!!! (You don't know how to ride a bike) Debe estar en la banqueta (You should be on the sidewalk)"

Too funny to waste the energy getting pissed so I just gave her a smile and took off.

You all get any stupid/funny/nice comments on your commutes today?

Happy Friday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.