Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From our local paper here, the driver was found guilty, in which her actions resulted in the death of Mr Bruce Finch at the intersection of Uvas and Little Uvas Rd.

Be careful out there, I know there are many riders who ride that road. Last year, in addition to this unfortunate death, there were atleast 3 motorcycle deaths as well, atleast one including a car turning onto Uvas rd.

article: http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...y-of-vehicular-manslaughter-in-cyclists-death

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
I've ridden in that exact spot countless times, I know it well, and I remember thinking when this happened that the only way she couldn't see the cyclist was if she didn't look or didn't care. And clearly she wasn't where she claimed to be. I wish they could have gone for a harsher charge, but it's a proper verdict.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I really like the Uvas loop because its so close to my house but there sure have been lots of bike and motorcycle accidents on that road. Sounds like Mrs. Campos was not exactly truthful about the accident either, hope the judge hands down the maximum sentence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.