Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catch Truth in 24 last week? If not, you really should. Awesome docu about Audi's march to 24 hours of LeMans domination. If you buy into the iTunes thing, you can download it for free from there, and I'm sure there'll be some torrents out there soon. I know there's a request on Final Gear. It's well worth it. Listening to McNish do a flying lap is great.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Sounds like it's fun. I'm looking at the link now.

Pretty slick!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm looking forward to watching this. It was produced by the same guys who do all of the NFL documentary stuff, so I expect it to be pretty good :thumbsup:

·
Bamboozled by love...
417 Posts
Fantastic documentary -- I thought at the end there was a blurb about being able to download the entire movie from the website for free, but no dice so far, at least.

I was great watching Sebring last weekend knowing a little more about the back story of the Audi/Peugeot rivalry.

And, yea, the hot lap with McNish's commentary was fantastic

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Audi also dominated the IMSA GTP series (with the 5-cylinder turboed engine and the Quattro drivetrain) back in the later 1980s to the point where they were untouchable, and the end result was that the series was canceled entirely. It was a shame, since that series was entertaining as hell to watch:

Completely badass

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That was a very good show. My wife even got into watching it.

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leopold Porkstacker said:
<object width="425" height="344">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3uP8fwi0Uc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Completely badass
Yes. Completely. I grew up on the racetracks of the upper midwest. Dad raced formula fords, so we went to many of the venues to see big name races too. It was just awesome to see the thundering GTP's/GT1 classes fly by. I still love racing. Good thing I can't afford it.

Audi has always been good at completely dominating what ever they put their mind to, be it prototype racing, transam/gto, or groupe B rallying. There's just an unquenchable thirst for first with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts