Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am and the stopping power is great....BUT, do you want to stop in a race? From what I can gather no. If you are not racing then no worries they work brilliant. I am switching back to cantis as we speak for mud clearance and because I intend to race.

I am using the 960 series XTR ones. They really do stop the bike incredibly well and I am a big cat so for lighter cats you would do even better.

I think my knowledge of cantis was so limited that I more then likely I did not have them set up correctly, so I was terribly unimpressed with cantis. We'll see. :D

I think if you raced in dry areas/courses they would be just fine. But this is also a assumption.

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
I have a mini-v on my front and spooky canti on the back, seems to be working well enough but feels sloppy compared to the canti although it did take care of my shudder problem I was having. I think I may attempt to go back to canti up front though and see if I can figure out that shudder issue, there's just not enough clearance, even with the travel agent...at least it doesn't seem like a whole heck of a lot. Then again...I could have the travel agent set up wrong, I wouldn't put it past me ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually just switched back from v's to cantis. I think I am better on the bike, more comfortable riding, braking, etc. That is why I made the switch, there is a braking loss, but it isn't enough to make me worry. I say that now.....but..... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.