Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,753 Posts
I'm totally a sucker for that red color....but the 1x only makes it a non starter. Not a fan of the DT cable entry, nor the toothpaste-welds (although the red does mask it quite well).

If it were available frame only and in 2x,,,that would be another thing entirely.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm totally a sucker for that red color....but the 1x only makes it a non starter. Not a fan of the DT cable entry, nor the toothpaste-welds (although the red does mask it quite well).

If it were available frame only and in 2x,,,that would be another thing entirely.
Yeah 1x only is pretty much the primary reason I didn't buy a Specialized Crux a couple of years ago. I really like that bike as a gravel and road do it all bike, but I couldn't get past the 1x thing even thought there are clamp on options.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Cool. I heard a while ago someone was working on magnesium bikes.

Just don't catch it on fire :eek:

A couple of sparks from falling on flint rock and your frame is toast! :cryin:

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,615 Posts
Cool. I heard a while ago someone was working on magnesium bikes.

Just don't catch it on fire :eek:

I guess if I buy the bike, don't like it and can't sell it, at least I can have some pyrotechnic fun with it.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,753 Posts
Yeah 1x only is pretty much the primary reason I didn't buy a Specialized Crux a couple of years ago. I really like that bike as a gravel and road do it all bike, but I couldn't get past the 1x thing even thought there are clamp on options.
It is something my LBS laments. Everyone seems to only want to package 1x on bikes now. 1x is basically the IPA of bike gearing...I mean this being magnesium, I don't know if you could band clamp it or not.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Allite claims that Super Magnesium damps vibration “20 times better than aluminum”,
Which means what? Better than nothing? I've ridden AL frames that felt like rebar, some that were flexy.

Quite honestly, once you start putting fat tires on bicycles, I think the ability to judge them on "ride quality" starts to diminish. Not that I don't love fat tires on gravel bikes.....

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,615 Posts
Allite claims that Super Magnesium damps vibration “20 times better than aluminum”.
I heard that tires damp vibration many times better than any bike frame material. :idea:

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Not sure what the issue is with 1x drivetrains.

I use my gravel bike for both gravel riding and road riding, and it has a SRAM 1x11 (42 front, 10/42 rear) ... the gear jumps are mildly annoying on the road, however on group rides, not as noticeable. There is plenty of gearing, 38-40 mph on the top end and 4 mph on the low end.

I just don't see the issue ... however, people going to do what they do.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Saw one in person...those welds are horrible looking 😳

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's about the sexiest bike I've seen. There is something about red bikes. Niner has their WFO, which is a sexy beast as well. Granted its a very different kind of ride, but again RED!

The bike I'm waiting for is coming in black, and seeing these red bike has me thinking about wrapping it in vinyl...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts