Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on vacation for a couple weeks and decided to dump some of the photos from my phone. Martha's Vineyard, MA.

These are all from rides.
  1. Broke a spoke on a ride, replaced it in the back yard.
  2. A view from North Rd.
  3. North Rd.
  4. West Tisbury Farmers' Market.
  5. Farmers' market traffic.
  6. Aquinnah.
  7. Lighthouse.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out w/the family

Family outing.

1. Mode of transport.
  2. Field Gallery
  3. One of my favorites in the field plus 3/4 of my kids.
  4. Clowning
  5. Like
  6. Inside

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For wooglin

(No lake).

All the pictures in this post and the next were not from rides.

1. Driveway check
  2. Dog check
  3. Backyard check

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Ok that makes us all green with envy, now to finish it off where are the food photos?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Pretty nice!

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MB1 said:
Ok that makes us all green with envy, now to finish it off where are the food photos?
Alas, no food photos from me, but buying fresh fish in Menemsha with the fishing boats right out back is a must. While you're there, get some hot chowder, fried fish or lobster roll for a snack!

There are a few excellent restaurants for seafood and a surprisingly good BBQ place. Local corn is delicious and there is local produce available at grocery stores and farm stands.

I think the only chain "fast food" there is one Subway and one DQ. All the little convenience stores, general stores or markets have some of your typical stuff but also unusual, fresh, and biker-friendly snacks.

·
Blah, Blah, Blah
598 Posts
You've basically shown one reason why I love New England. We've got the best seafood around, corn too as you pointed out.
You mentioned a Subway and DQ, but there must be a Dunkin Donuts on the island. Mass has DD on every block!

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
onrhodes said:
You've basically shown one reason why I love New England. We've got the best seafood around, corn too as you pointed out.
You mentioned a Subway and DQ, but there must be a Dunkin Donuts on the island. Mass has DD on every block!
Lots of doughnut places (Black Dog, MV Gourmet Cafe & Bakery, Humphrey's, Dippin Donuts) but no Dunkin' Donuts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts