Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first I have to excuse my bad english.
I'm a cyclist, living in Germany near Munich. Next time I'm planning my vacations, maybe in Arizona. My sister lives there and I could combine visiting my sister and cycling. Now I'm looking for some maps and guides. Who can help?

Germany today is cold and uncomfortably. For understandig what I mean, look at the attachment:D
The photo was taken whith my cellular-phone cam, excuse a bad quality. In the picture you see my Mountainbike before the great view from our biggest hill, called Huehnerberg (Chicken Hill).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for fast answer. My Sister lives in Mesa at wintertime. In summer she lives in Anchorage, Alaska. Why do you asking? Need a girl friend?:D

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Mini said:
Thank you for fast answer. My Sister lives in Mesa at wintertime. In summer she lives in Anchorage, Alaska. Why do you asking? Need a girl friend?:D
If you're offering her up, sure, but I was mostly asking w/ reference to where one would ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To offering her up is not a good idea because her husband ist strong, armed and not amused about this.
Well, Mesa is the location. I've been there three years ago, without any bike. But now I want make some laps around Mesa. Is it better for Racebike or Mountainbike?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pecos Road in Ahwatukee is popular for training rides. There are a number of groups that ride in the Phoenix area. The ride up South Mountain is VERY popular. Another great ride is the one out east at Canyon Lake.

Mesa is between all three of those. THis are all road rides. There is good Mtn biking on South Mountain as well, but you gotta like riding over rocks as that's all we have.

·
I coulda did that myself
213 Posts
Is Tempe Bicycle Shop still in business? I went to college at ASU and used to deal with them almost exclusively. They always had good service and were quite friendly. I bought a couple of Treks from them back when the brand wasn't nearly as well known as it is today. Last time I was in their shop was about 1988. Good people.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
Robbie59 said:
Is Tempe Bicycle Shop still in business? I went to college at ASU and used to deal with them almost exclusively. They always had good service and were quite friendly. I bought a couple of Treks from them back when the brand wasn't nearly as well known as it is today. Last time I was in their shop was about 1988. Good people.
The shop IS still in business, both the large shop east of Mill, and the one on Univeristy north of the campus. Still very friendly, and always stocked with a number of things you just don't see anymore (think purple anodized!!!!). Their road selections now are primarily Masi, Scott, and Felt. Mountain bikes are GT, Haro, KHS, and Felt.

I really like going over there when they have their inventory reduction. Its like time travel!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts