Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Valmont Bike Park, Boulder - GREEN LIGHT!

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Pablo 
#1 ·
For those of you living in and around Boulder Colorado, there's some big news....
Valmont Bike Park was unanimously approved by city council this past tuesday!!
For crossers, this is huge because the park is going to be designed with permanent cyclocross features and trails for training and racing.
The bike park portion of the site will be aprox 25+ acres and has some good topography to work with....which means there are a few hills i'm not looking forward to running up.

Top level trail designers and landscape architects will be chosen this fall and construction could start next spring. Attached is a quick glimpse at the concept rendering.
more to come soon!

#4 ·
The bike park will be on the north side of Valmont Road, up closer to the airport. The existing park is on the south side and it's planning to be enhanced as well...disk golf, ball fields, etc.
If anyone is interested, there will be a chance to donate to the park and get your name permanently marked at the site. more details to come soon...

#5 ·
We Need Your Help!

DONATE NOW to Valmont Bike Park and help build what the most progressive bike park in the US!
www.valmontbikepark.com
This will be a one of a kind environment to train, race and teach your children how to bike.

All donations go directly into the bike park fund and you donation is tax deductible!
Tell your friends, ask your companies. Be a part of it at the ground level.
You can either donate and have a brick (or other format) etched with your name/message on it....or if companies what to donate to specific features (entry trellis, belgian run-up), that's possible as well.

It's all happening RIGHT NOW and we need your help. August 22nd is our deadline for donations, so get in on the action....and come see your name embedded into the park when that first World Cup CX race comes to Colorado!

#11 ·
how could a hippieinflipflops be allowed out of boulder?
though there were restrictions on exporting exotic animals?

*i do beleive they are permited to roam up to nederland, and as well for special events like shows... head to denver.

but yea, the front range is a pretty sweet place if you likes dem bikes

#13 ·
theomorphic said:
Has anyone taken into account that it is right next to the City/County Jail and what impact does this have on the neighbors? Does the city or county or anyone care?
The impact has not been thought through!
First off, welecome to the forum.
Second, you ask if anyone cared about the impact to the neighbors or the jail proximity. There were several community meetings on the topic and i'd guess substiantial research done to look into it's impacts. We're talking about boulder here. You can't cross the street without doing an impact study. Why are you flaming saying it's not though through? Have you asked anyone or just shooting off your mouth?

#15 ·
fleck said:
First off, welecome to the forum.
Second, you ask if anyone cared about the impact to the neighbors or the jail proximity. There were several community meetings on the topic and i'd guess substiantial research done to look into it's impacts. We're talking about boulder here. You can't cross the street without doing an impact study. Why are you flaming saying it's not though through? Have you asked anyone or just shooting off your mouth?
yup...this has been talked to death. we already have the land to build. let's get r dun.

//FWIW there will always be NIMBYs who oppose even the best thought out development.

#16 ·
nrspeed said:
Awesome! I live 2 miles away- nice warm up.
Made my brick donation too. My kids will live there!!
You cross?

#18 ·
cocoboots- I hope you have a shower at work or your co-workers will love you for it

Pablo- I sold my CX bike last year but am working on the family CFO to put together another one in time for the season. There are some great Wed morning CX rides once you move here.

#19 ·
nrspeed said:
Pablo- I sold my CX bike last year but am working on the family CFO to put together another one in time for the season. There are some great Wed morning CX rides once you move here.
I already live in Strongmont and my last day at the court is tomorrow.

Maybe I'll throw some cross tires on my 29er and crush the Boulderites.

#20 ·
Pablo said:
I already live in Strongmont and my last day at the court is tomorrow.

Maybe I'll throw some cross tires on my 29er and crush the Boulderites.
I think they are gonna have short track MTB course also.

#21 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
I think they are gonna have short track MTB course also.
Cool. Too bad I don't race. :D I'd need a 50 miler with some serious hills to have a shot at a decent placing. Otherwise, I'd have to train and do intervals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.