Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
hecho en mexico

Not feelling it... Regardless, Valverde is the Man.

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
In other words... looks like ass

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
this?

IMHO, they took a beautiful Pina Prince and smacked it with an ugly stick. It's fugly...
FWIW, I've been to Spain more times in the last 10 years than you've probobly been to starbucks.

breakaway said:
Do any of you guys even know what the National flag for Spain even looks like???
Of course not.... or you wouldnt be griping about the red and yellow colors.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rhauft said:
IMHO, they took a beautiful Pina Prince and smacked it with an ugly stick. It's fugly...
FWIW, I've been to Spain more times in the last 10 years than you've probobly been to starbucks.
Well i work at a Starbucks so im there 365 days of the year less avg 2days off a week. So unless you actually live in Spain, which by your comment you most likely dont... your comment just made you look like a jackass. And anyone can search google and glom a postcard of Spain like you have.

The only thing that differentiated the 'beautiful' before (as you state it) to the now 'ugly stick' smacking(as you state) that it got is that what normally would be white paint on the Prince is now yellow. The Onda bends are the same. The geomentry is the same and even the Pinarello swooshes (ala Nike) of red are the same.
Thats it and thats all... what was white is now yellow.

But theres a deeper meaning into the color scheme as some seem to be ignorant to it.
If he was american and his bike was painted like a red, white and blue spangled banner then maybe people could see the underlining meaning.

Valverde's paint scheme probably has a double purpose. First, its a national pride and significance that he is representing Spain as he may be a national hero or statesman for the sport of cycling in his country. Thus the national flag colors. Secondly, he hopes to be wearing yellow when he arrives on the Champs Elysees.
Lots of things are fugly on the surface. But its the ignorant (like yourself) that cant see beyond the paint and clear coat to understand the real issues and accept it for what it is.

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
Touche breakaway, I stand corrected, I had know idea I was dealing with an sbux barrista. Serves me right. You certainly spend your fair share of time slinging mud. I hope you made the cut after their house cleaning. I'm a Peet's guy myself. Way better coffee imho.

Btw, I get the flag connection Mr sbux. I don't like Levi's stars & stripes Trek either. Thanks for the remedial lesson though. I own a Prince Ltd team edition. Plain and simple, it's a gorgeous bike. The yellow & red doesn't do anything for me. I like his team issue better. That's my opinion. Incidentally, the pic is no postcard but I appreciate the compliment. I took it last September in Madrid at the final stage of La Vuelta a Espana. I go every year. Used to race there too.

Hope you're not chat/surfing on company time :nono: .

breakaway said:
Well i work at a Starbucks so im there 365 days of the year less avg 2days off a week. So unless you actually live in Spain, which by your comment you most likely dont... your comment just made you look like a jackass. And anyone can search google and glom a postcard of Spain like you have.

The only thing that differentiated the 'beautiful' before (as you state it) to the now 'ugly stick' smacking(as you state) that it got is that what normally would be white paint on the Prince is now yellow. The Onda bends are the same. The geomentry is the same and even the Pinarello swooshes (ala Nike) of red are the same.
Thats it and thats all... what was white is now yellow.

But theres a deeper meaning into the color scheme as some seem to be ignorant to it.
If he was american and his bike was painted like a red, white and blue spangled banner then maybe people could see the underlining meaning.

Valverde's paint scheme probably has a double purpose. First, its a national pride and significance that he is representing Spain as he may be a national hero or statesman for the sport of cycling in his country. Thus the national flag colors. Secondly, he hopes to be wearing yellow when he arrives on the Champs Elysees.
Lots of things are fugly on the surface. But its the ignorant (like yourself) that cant see beyond the paint and clear coat to understand the real issues and accept it for what it is.

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
Meanwhile, back in Treviso...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.