Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
I think that they are made in China, as everything else is.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
I used a C10+

I used a VDO C10+ and really liked it. Easy to set up, I like the functions. I had problems with the twist and lock computer mounting system. I went through two mounting systems in about three months. One day my computer head flew off my bike while on a ride and chipped the rear of the computer so it won't seal in the twist and mount and I can't use it anymore. However if you don't remove your computer everyday and just leave it in place it might lessen the wear on the twist and lock.

I went to a CatEye Micro Wireless and I like it. However if you use the bar mount it will cause the computer head to rattle.

The VDO's are "German Engineered" made in China-but what isn't?

· Registered
42 Posts
Nothing but problems

I had a VDO C3DS Wireless with cadence that I had nothing but problems with. After fighting with it for 2 months, I replaced it with a DB 4 wireless that worked great until I got a Garmin 305. The VDO would cut out for no reason that I could ever determine. I tried changing all of the batteries every week and that didn't help either. It absolutely refused to work below 60-65F. I could tell that the temperature was dropping in the late afternoon when the computer stopped working. I wrote it all up on VDO's customer service web page, but never even received an acknowledgement, let alone a response.

· "Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
same here........nothing but problems.

I sprung for the C4DS model and it kept zeroing out on me. I mean out of the clear blue it would register "0" no matter how fast I was riding. Sometimes it would give me 75 mph speeds going down hill. I really wanted to like that computer too. It looked good, and after all, I thought, it was a "VDO".

The real clincher came when it zeroed out and did'nt come back on line for 8 miles, cutting my mileage down to 12 miles for my regular 20 mile ride. I immediately s***canned the VDO and reinstalled my trusty Vetta that never let me down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.