Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone else using this computer has noticed it rattles quite a bit on rough roads. I have determined it's the computet itself, not the mount that's making all the racket. Just wondering...

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yes..

Not the VDO MC 1.0, but a VDO C10+. It's the funky twist and lock mounting system. Mine rattled so much that the computer head fell off and I chipped a small piece of plastic off the rear of the computer and it won't lock anymore. I went through 2 twist and lock mounting units until I just gave up. I went to a CatEye Micro Wireless. It won't rattle if you mount it to your stem. I like the VDO, just a funky way to mount a computer.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Take it apart and stuff a bunch of sticky gum stuff in there.
Not Hubba-Bubba though. I have this stuff it is like a cloth tar substance and it works wonders. I grabbed a bunch when I worked for Honda, I don't know where you could find something like that in your world, but man the stuff works wonders on rattling plastic.
Maybe a tool supply center? I use it to make nuts and bolts stick to sockets in hard to get to places as well. I don't know what I will do when I run out of the stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts