Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on another board (ww) that Veltac will not be carrying Look frames any more. Kinda makes sense since so may NOS Look frames are on ebay right now. It looks like someone has cleaned out their inventory.
Any truth to this? If so what would happen if I have a warrenty issue with my look 555? I would have posted this in the Look forum but I thought I would get a better response here.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Last month LOOK France broke off with Veltec Sports on a mutual aggreement.
LOOK Cycle USA was formed and Veltec Sports will handle LOOK Pedals.

Here the article:

Veltec and Look Change Distribution of Look Products

APRIL 25, 2006 --

SAND CITY, CA (BRAIN)—Look Cycles and Veltec Sports have agreed to split distribution of Look's cycling products. Veltec will continue selling Look’s popular clipless pedals and a new company, Look Cycle USA, will distribute bicycles, frames and accessories. The change is effective July 1.

"It comes down to a difference in strategies," said Josh Greenberg, Veltec’s managing director. "The long collaboration between Look and Veltec in the U.S. has been a success with an annual growth of over 25 percent in recent years, both in pedals and frames.”

Christophe Jouffret, directeur général adjoint for Look Cycle International, said an organization focused on bikes and accessories should achieve even better results. "We feel the interests of the brand and retailers are best served with a two-stream model where Look Cycle USA focuses on bikes, frames and accessories, and Veltec continues its proven success selling Look pedals to a broader market," he said.

The change in distribution was an amicable arrangement, both company officials said.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Last month LOOK France broke off with Veltec Sports on a mutual aggreement.
LOOK Cycle USA was formed and Veltec Sports will handle LOOK Pedals.

Here the article:

Veltec and Look Change Distribution of Look Products

APRIL 25, 2006 --

SAND CITY, CA (BRAIN)—Look Cycles and Veltec Sports have agreed to split distribution of Look's cycling products. Veltec will continue selling Look’s popular clipless pedals and a new company, Look Cycle USA, will distribute bicycles, frames and accessories. The change is effective July 1.

"It comes down to a difference in strategies," said Josh Greenberg, Veltec’s managing director. "The long collaboration between Look and Veltec in the U.S. has been a success with an annual growth of over 25 percent in recent years, both in pedals and frames.”

Christophe Jouffret, directeur général adjoint for Look Cycle International, said an organization focused on bikes and accessories should achieve even better results. "We feel the interests of the brand and retailers are best served with a two-stream model where Look Cycle USA focuses on bikes, frames and accessories, and Veltec continues its proven success selling Look pedals to a broader market," he said.

The change in distribution was an amicable arrangement, both company officials said.

Good for Look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.