Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzy (wife) looks to be getting a custom bike. Well, she's doing velo bella scheme/colors with the mfg. logos....the question is this:

Velo gay to have her name on the top tube if she's NOT pro and WON'T be getting the bike mixed up with any of the other girls'?

Or, if it's custom, is it Velo-Cool to have the name on the top tube?

·
Registered
177 Posts
cool

It's cool for women to have their names on their rides--portrays a certain commitment to the sport, which adds attraction points.

Now, if you were to do it, it's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,565 Posts
Double Cool

Of course, my opinion might be influenced by the fact that I had my name painted on when my new frame was being painted. Best $30 I ever spent. I get lots of Wow's and oooooooooooooo's.
Remember, It doesn't matter if you can go fast, only if you look fast.
Image is everything.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am off the opinion that woman cannot be fredly or "velo-gay"...on the points scale of fredliness posted some time ago..I commented the a woman on a bike over comes all possible demerit points...

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
doesn't velo-gay = velo-cool

since most gay friends also look the coolest, i don't get the difference.

that being said, who should care besides her? if she wants it, let her do it. better her name then someone elses.

·
Charismatic Megafauna
547 Posts
Velo-Cool. Doitdoitdoitdoit....

She should totally go for it. God (or Woof the Dog God ) forbid I take heat from my sisters for saying that a lot of women appreciate style. I know I do, just in different ways. If stylin' helps her dig and embrace the sport more, more power to her!

I guess my personal reaction to seeing a woman with her name painted on her bike would be "That is _very_ cool." There are other ways to stand out while cycling which I appreciate less, but I won't go into that here.

·
Charismatic Megafauna
547 Posts
Sounds way more fun than my evening.

Jed Peters said:
She's pouring buckets of sweat on the trainer right now...she doesn't need to embrace it any more. LOL.
Decided to take a spinning class a the local Gold's Gym. I was hoping that I could use that as an opportunity to build some leg speed and get anaerobic to some music. Dang, did I ever feel like a fish out of water. Nothing they did resembled real cycling. Just standing up in a gear I'd never stand in and moving my rear back and forth. Was really hoping for some seated spints and jumps. Weird.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
It all depends on the instructor. I tried spinning a few years back and quit after two sessions. It was more like dancing on the bike than cycling. On the advice of a friend I tried it again this year and now I spend two hours each saturday morning spinning, leaving a nice puddle of sweat on the mat. Hopefully this will soon end, predicted temps in the low 30's saturday, time to get out and enjoy the great(smelling) outdoors!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jed Peters said:
Suzy (wife) looks to be getting a custom bike. Well, she's doing velo bella scheme/colors with the mfg. logos....the question is this:

Velo gay to have her name on the top tube if she's NOT pro and WON'T be getting the bike mixed up with any of the other girls'?

Ask Style Man. [email protected]

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Do you have pictures?;) ;) ;) Seriously, though, spin classes can really s*ck or be good; depends on the instructor. If he/she is a cyclist, they can be great; if not, hope you have strong knees.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
who says you have to be a pro to have your name on your bike? i'd admit that it would be a little velo-gay to have a <i>pro's</i> name on your bike, but your own...come on. furthermore, people in the local softball league do it, why can't she?

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
Custom Builders

If I were a custom builder I would insist on personalizing every bike I built. If a customer didn't want their name in paint I would at least inscribe the name and date of delivery in a nondescript place, like under the bottom bracket or something.

·
Skinny Legged XC MTB geek
80 Posts
That's hot

Jed Peters said:

Hot velo chicks that might be gay get any male biker's libido working. They can't decide if it's a challenge, or if they just want to watch. Isn't this your wife we're talking about???? Troll!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
life of thread prevents zapping yet

but i find "velo-gay" offensive. suggestion is to find another term for the next cool/uncool post. lest it be relegated to thread pergatory. "velo-gay" may offend many, and i'm all about keeping it real. so let's be more particular about phrasing, pretty please.

btw my vote is "cool".

let's have a pic when it's done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.