Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in components but I know a lot of you never leave the lounge and also use Brooks saddles:D :D

I did 60 miles on the saddle today.....

If you ride a Swift or Swallow, I don't think you'd have any issues with this saddle..the saddle is flatter side to side than either of the Brooks but I couldn't tell any ride differnce

I had to force myself to think about the saddle at about mile 50...I completely forgot about it.....that is exactly what a good saddle is supposed to do

Swifts and Swallows are comfortable for me right out of the box...I don't need much break in... and they only get better with each ride....

The VO was comfortable right out of the box....time will tell if it gets better or worse...

Based on my intial ride, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I was looking at those but my butt is too big. It would swallow that saddle up like ......

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Nah, thats a Brooks...Hollywood only likes it when I wear British leather...:D

Where did I put that spoon to pluck my eyes out AGAIN!!!!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Want the saddle.... Not the photo.

I was surprised at the very reasonable price. I may have to order one of those myself. The brooks Imperial prototype that I have just isn't holding up as well as I expected it would.

I'm planning on trying the elkhide lace up bar tape. Have you tried that stuff yet?

·
glider
247 Posts
VaughnA said:
I'm planning on trying the elkhide lace up bar tape. Have you tried that stuff yet?
I have and it was great. Weathered nicely and was comfortable. I wrapped the bars first in a cloth tape then "baseball stitched" the elk hide on - It matched my Swallow nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts