Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some input on velowear.com shorts, the $39 vs the $55 short? I need two pair, but would probably be the cheaper ones. If the better one is much better, then I guess just one of them. Particularly interested in the chamois.

·
I am not aero
304 Posts
voler shorts

Don't know if you are talking shorts or bibs but as far as bibs go, the Avanti, Logo, and Titano shorts all seem to be pretty much the same short. I think the Avanti is just this year's model. I have a pair of Titano's and really like them, but the available sizes and colors are limited now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just picked up a pair of the Titano. Very impressed with these shorts. They may some of the more comfortable bibs I have ever worn, straight out of the package. I have worn them only three times, on short little hour long rides. We will see how they do on some longer rides and over the course of a busy season once I get done doing taxes.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Voler bibs: meh...

IMO, Voler bibs are pretty cheap. The chamois is okay-ish for the first few months of steady riding, but it gets kind of squashed after a while. I never really liked mine, still use em, but there are a million other brands that make better chamois. They are cheap, though. I'd like to try the Elite bib, that looks a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been using the Voler Titano bibs and shorts for several years. They are a good basic short. Not as sexy or fancy as Castelli or Pearl Izumi shorts -- but the Volers are faaaaaaaar more durable and feel good on me. My Castelly Kiss Bibs started losing the threading holding the chamois after only 2 months of once a week use and then before 8 months passed I'd worn holes in the fabric just outside of the chamois. I've been getting 2+ years out of the Volers before they wear through. The Castelli bibs sure did look and feel nice while they lasted though - but, I should have sent them back when they started to pull apart.

When Voler introduced the new line (seems identical to the Titano), I bought 4 new pairs to replace the Castelli bibs (1 year old), Canari bibs (pretty nice but 2+ Years old) and two pair of 2.5+ Voler bibs that have worn out.

Some day I'd love to try some of the $180+ Assos or other high end bib shorts.

mbb

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
24601 said:
Can anyone give me some input on velowear.com shorts, the $39 vs the $55 short? I need two pair, but would probably be the cheaper ones. If the better one is much better, then I guess just one of them. Particularly interested in the chamois.
I have a pair. About 500mi on them so far w/ no complaints. The chamois isn't bad at all, not too thick like the new PI stuff and it's not rubbing anywhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How about their "Elite Sport" shorts for $84? After reading the above question, I took a look at the "Voler" web site and wonder if anyone has a comment about these shorts. I did'nt see any comments in the "Review" section.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The Elite Bibs are well worth the money.

I only wear Voler bibs and have both the Titano and Elite. Some of my Titanos are 4 years old and are still servicable, the chamois is fine, just a little fraying in the lycra. I picked up two pairs of Elites last year and really like them. My first choice for longer rides. Padding isn't too thick, but suits me just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts