Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am in the process of buying my first carbon road bike the 2012 pinarello fp due but I have a slight dilemma. I have the choice of either veloce or 105 however I have a shimano rs80 wheelset and i am not sure about the most wildcat wheels, personally I like the look of veloce better but just not sure about the wheelset. Also if anyone has had past experiences with the fp due i would love to hear their stories.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Campy makes some very affordable wheelsets. The Khamsin is inexpensive, durable but a little heavy. If you want to spend more money then Zonda is a very good choice. They wouldn't be out of place on a Centaur or Athena group. Good luck on the new bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah i'm leaning more towards the campag and I might look at a wheel upgrade from the wildcats in the future however I enjoy the rs80's but would probably prefer the campag over the shimano.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi all I am in the process of buying my first carbon road bike the 2012 pinarello fp due but I have a slight dilemma. I have the choice of either veloce or 105 however I have a shimano rs80 wheelset and i am not sure about the most wildcat wheels, personally I like the look of veloce better but just not sure about the wheelset. Also if anyone has had past experiences with the fp due i would love to hear their stories.
I think MOST wheels are rebadged Campagnolos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi all I spoke with a different shop today and was offered an unbelievable deal on a Pinarello SDG with 105 and my rs80's. It is going to look something like this

Thanks for the suggestions I will post further pictures later after I have been for a few rides. Happy riding :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About the Pinarello SDG Frameset: Mid to high level frameset with all the features you have come to expect from the best frame producers in the world. The SDG "Speed Defies Gravity" is a limited edition "Australian only issue" model. This model ranks high on the Pinarello frame list which ranks above the FP Quattro. The SDG enters the range as a great example of how a well designed, premium performance frameset can balance the mix of straight line race performance, and still provide a comfort level which exceeds much of the competition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.