Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
You are afraid to tell us what 'noticeably' faster means or how big your peloton is.

That doesn't upset me. I find it funny.
As I said I noticed going down mountainsides and in large pelotons (maybe 80 people) I had to brake more often. Noticeably faster meaning I noticed they were faster and not a complicated concept. Nothing to be afraid of and I’m happy to give more details if it’s still needed.

OMG..... This is basic elementary school physics. Speed is a function of distance over time.
Distance is EASILY measured.
Time is EASILY measured.

Both can be accurately measured. It should be very easy for YOU to explain what YOU mean by 'noticeably faster'.

Amusing how people who post crap physics are telling me I don’t understand basic physics. Time and distance to reveal the advantage of an aero wheelset huh? And you will use your internal wattmeter to keep the output the same? even if your internal wattmeter....the course, is it out and back? any wind at all? i wont be asking you for physics lessons.

Whose next? Bring it! show me how i dont understand physics please!!!

Noticeably faster means I noticed they were faster. It’s not a complicated concept. As I said I noticed going down mountainsides and in large pelotons (maybe 80 people) I had to brake more often. Does that clear up how I noticed they’re faster? Nothing to be afraid of and I’m happy to repeat it all day for you or give more details if it’s still needed
🤣 🤣 🤣
All you're noticing is confirmation bias.

I didn't say that.
#ReadingComprehension

YOU think your wheels are 'noticeably' faster.
aka confirmation bias.
I’ll write what you’re conveying and you tell me if I have it wrong:
you believe aero wheels are faster but when I find them noticeably faster what I’m experiencing is just confirmation bias.

Am I understanding you correctly?

In my youth, while doing LSD, I noticed many things that I later came to realize were nothing more than drug influenced imagination. But those things sure seemed real while I was noticing them.

OMG..... This is basic elementary school physics. Speed is a function of distance over time.
Distance is EASILY measured.
Time is EASILY measured.
Maybe I should dig up some of the old ASFOS theads for hummina shadeeba? Remember those?

Going 40+ mph downhill with 80mm deep wheels vs my old wheels. Yup it was pretty noticeable
Did they weigh 8 lbs?

Oo you seem upset
I doubt anybody here is upset. I think most of us are laughing are a$$es off.

40+mph.... in an 80 person peloton..... and that's where you 'observed' this pretty 'noticeable' difference.

:rolleyes:
Well the wheels were 8 lbs. The downhill momentum was awesome! :ROFLMAO:

As I said I noticed going down mountainsides AND in large pelotons (maybe 80 people) I had to brake more often.
grammar comprehension is key in an argument. chuckles from the dimwitted isnt a real score.

you guys are too smart for all this high tech stuff. no one can notice any benefit going from a box rim to a deep aero and light wheels are no help either.

grammar comprehension is key in an argument. chuckles from the dimwitted isnt a real score.

you guys are too smart for all this high tech stuff and know better..that much i know. of course no one can notice any benefit going from a box rim to a deep aero. its just seconds. and light wheels are no help either.
But I'm confident that 8 lb deep aero wheels will make me go faster downhill. I can always walk the bike uphill if I need to.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.