Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Velowear Elite Dx shorts. and if so how was the fit and pad. I bought a Nashbar stealth bib and I am not thrilled with it. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have several pairs of the bibs and they are my favorites behind my Giordana team bids. The pad is very comfortable and the fabric wears well, some of mine are 3 years old and they still fit fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love the Elite Dx Shorts.
I have two pairs and are my favorite.
Voler is a good company to deal with. Fast to ship and comes with free return shipping.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Disappointing

I have realized that $100 is a good price point for shorts. Last year I bought an Elite DX Men's Cycling Short and a Sugoi Rs Mens Cycling Short. Although I can't complain about the quality of the Elite shorts, the chamois is just wrong for me. It chafes and creates pretty bad sores where my butt cheeks meet my legs -- whatever the correct anatomical term is. Like a pair of cheap Pearl Izumi's I once owned, I can't wear the shorts for rides longer than about 30mi. The Sugoi Rs's work just fine for me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Agreed!

cdhbrad said:
I think chamois in shorts/bibs are a lot like bike shoes and saddles. You have to try several before you find what works, and, when you do, you stick with it. I'm the same way about Sugoi products that you are with Voler, I bought one pair years ago and I felt like I was sitting on a huge diaper every time I wore them, so now they just hang in my closet.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I think chamois in shorts/bibs are a lot like bike shoes and saddles. You have to try several before you find what works, and, when you do, you stick with it. I'm the same way about Sugoi products that you are with Voler, I bought one pair years ago and I felt like I was sitting on a huge diaper every time I wore them, so now they just hang in my closet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.