Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions for anyone who has bought the RBR kit from velowear - what's the chamois like? Pretty comfortable? And is the jersey material high quality? Also, what's the sizing like, does it fit true to size, or small/large? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
livin4lax09 said:
A few questions for anyone who has bought the RBR kit from velowear - what's the chamois like? Pretty comfortable? And is the jersey material high quality? Also, what's the sizing like, does it fit true to size, or small/large? Thanks for any help.
I don't have the RBR kit stuff, but the jersey and bibs are the same quality as their other stuff, which is pretty damn good. Not only for the price, but for stuff that cost 2, and 3x as much.

According to the Voler catalogue, the RBR bibs have the Cantara XM chamois, which is just fine. I am sure I have a couple set with that, and I have no problems. Follow the Voler sizing on bibs.

The jersey is not a race cut but a club cut, so it runs a little big. Follow the Voler sizing and you should be fine. If you find that you are between sizes or at the small end of a size, go a size smaller if you like a snugger fit, else go with the recommended size if you like a bit of breathing room. The Race cut (pro line jerseys -they have the full zippers) are snug.

HTH
zac

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zac said:
I don't have the RBR kit stuff, but the jersey and bibs are the same quality as their other stuff, which is pretty damn good. Not only for the price, but for stuff that cost 2, and 3x as much.

According to the Voler catalogue, the RBR bibs have the Cantara XM chamois, which is just fine. I am sure I have a couple set with that, and I have no problems. Follow the Voler sizing on bibs.

The jersey is not a race cut but a club cut, so it runs a little big. Follow the Voler sizing and you should be fine. If you find that you are between sizes or at the small end of a size, go a size smaller if you like a snugger fit, else go with the recommended size if you like a bit of breathing room. The Race cut (pro line jerseys -they have the full zippers) are snug.

HTH
zac
awesome. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the response.

Anyone else?

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
I have a lot of Voler stuff. It's good. The chamois is good. It's not the high end one that you find in other companies "top of the line" shorts. But, for the money, it's good stuff from Voler.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Velowar

I ride with the RBR Phillipe kit and the older Tribal Kit. The Tribal kit has thousands of miles on it and is only now starting to wear very thin (I'm guessing about 75-100 washings roughly) and the Phillipe kit is showing no wear at all with plenty of miles on it. I like the pad which is a little thinner than my Descente and P.I. pads. I hate the diaper feel. I've pretty much gone with all Voler and just bought two of their black bibs. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Ridgetop said:
I ride with the RBR Phillipe kit and the older Tribal Kit. The Tribal kit has thousands of miles on it and is only now starting to wear very thin (I'm guessing about 75-100 washings roughly) and the Phillipe kit is showing no wear at all with plenty of miles on it. I like the pad which is a little thinner than my Descente and P.I. pads. I hate the diaper feel. I've pretty much gone with all Voler and just bought two of their black bibs. Good stuff.
Nice pic, wish we had roads like that in New England.

+1 on the durability too. The Voler stuff is good, you won't be disappointed. Now if voler is reading this your stuff sucks and is overpriced... ;) [Just trying to keep the price sane]

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Can't comment on the bibs (sorry, only Assos for me 'down there' :) ), but I just got the short sleeve Phillipe jersey. As others have said, looks great, good quality for the price, and the size (for me, medium) is spot on and in line with all my other riding gear. Also, great service, and very easy to return if the size is off for you - they even include a return mailer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Great quality and nothing to worry about. Voler is top notch. I have a very old tribal RBR jersey that is just like new.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Is that Tioga pass? :eek:

Holy crap that must be a fun ride. Once you're used to the altitude, of course. My brother used to get nose bleeds just from DRIVING up there.

I can't wait to go to Mammoth this summer! Haven't been in years.

Back on topic: I just ordered some Voler gear, all on sale! Lucky me :D Can't wait to get it!

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Yep, Tioga. Nice ride. If you want climbs near Mammoth try Bishop up to North or South Lake. Great stuff.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Don't forget the Tootsie Rolls they put in every order too.... Voler stuff is great for the money. I mainly use their Elite bibs now, but have had the ones with the Cantera chamois and it is very comfortable. The jerseys are some of the most comfortable I have for long rides here in SW Florida and they are really good in hot weather. Fit well and almost impossible to wear out.

G

·
livin4lax09 said:
sweet, I'll definitely be picking up a kit when I return home state-side then. slyjackson, I'll let you know how it is. I'll include lots of pictures ;)

now i'll have to decide between shorts or bibs....
Thanks ivin4lax09 ! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.