Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I own an 2013 expert venge with ultegra di2.
The manual indicates that a battery shroud is available.
Does anyone have this? Would be nice to order one. Can't seem to find much info about this item.

Thanks!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just IMHO, I had one of those with a McLaren, and it was A) unattractive, B) prob added tiny bit drag, c) collected grime and made battery fractionally harder to get on and off for charging.
Big points though are this: It added more than 60 grams. Word to the wise, take whatever money you want to spend on it, and invest it on one of those cheap internal batteries off ebay... You lose that 60 grams, prob 20 or 30 from the battery mount, a few more by going to smaller battery with no cover. And sell the old battery. Pretty soon you are into less drag, less dirt, better aesthetics and damn near a quarter pound of weight out of the bike for about the same money or a tad more than cover. If you can find one.
I found nothing useful about it, nothing, other than it was standard factory part for the McLaren and you kind of have to keep those things together. I use the internal battery I just described on my S-Works and its an elegant solution.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...
I would've thought the cover would actually improve the aero characteristics of the bike since it is round and would make the air flow around the battery better?
Another reason why i was looking into this shroud cover is to protect it from the elements, but after what you're telling me, it does the opposite =(

Would love to do an internal battery setup in the future.

:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
well, maybe it would improve the aerodynamics if you had battery mounted under BB in the first place... but i doubt its an aero improvement over batery simply mounted at water bottle holders... It is just another luno stucj out there.
Internal it really the only way to go.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I managed to find one from a McLaren

Hello all.
I own an 2013 expert venge with ultegra di2.
The manual indicates that a battery shroud is available.
Does anyone have this? Would be nice to order one. Can't seem to find much info about this item.

Thanks!
I managed to find a new one from a McLaren in the matte black finish. I installed it but didn't fall in love with it so it's up for grabs if anyones interested. MSRP is $120 but make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.